Original Job Posting
Marin Catholic currently has an opening for a full-time English Teacher in the 2024-25 school year.
*Position will begin August 2024
The mission of Marin Catholic is to “Lead Students to Jesus Christ.” At the core of our practice is the student-teacher relationship where our educators model Christian virtue and witness to the Roman Catholic faith. In partnership with parents, we form flourishing men and women of virtue through an excellent academic, artistic, athletic, and spiritual education. Inspired by our school’s motto, “Duc In Altum,” we encourage our students to “put out into the deep,” embracing challenges as pathways to growth.
Animated by our mission to foster the emerging poet, philosopher, and saint in each of our students, the Marin Catholic English Department examines, through the study of excellent literature, the transcendental realities of Truth, Goodness, and Beauty. Guided by our departmental root beliefs and dispositional standards, we help students to grow their skills in the key areas of reading, writing, and learning in community.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate deep familiarity with reading and writing skills and best practices of teaching. This person will exemplify a love for the students and a desire to see all students succeed at the highest level. This individual will also need to see collaboration, on both a student and faculty level, as a key to student success.
Qualifications, credentials, experience, knowledge & skills for the position:
● Degree in English or related field
● Catholic high school teaching experience, preferred
● Practicing Catholic in good standing, preferred
● Desire and ability to witness to his or her personal faith journey and actively model the mission and Catholic identity of the school
● Student focused and lifelong learner
● Teaching credential, preferred
● Ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, student and staff
● Maintains best professional practices in communicating with peers, students and parents
● AP training in Language & Composition or Literature & Composition, desired
Salary ($69,626-$109,376) and benefits are according to a Union contract.
Full-time Faculty are eligible for benefits including health and dental insurance, medical and dependent care flex plan, Archdiocesan pension, and 403b.
Interested applicants should submit letter of interest and resume to [email protected].