Communication Director Position
The Communication Director at Pro-Life Wisconsin (PLW) performs all the tasks necessary to formulate, implement and monitor PLW's media, promotional plans and marketing our activities. The job entails ensuring that PLW makes an understandable and credible case to the media and the general public.
• Christian, a good team-player.
• Understanding of, belief in, and ability to communicate PLW's 100% pro-life position.
• Self-motivated with the ability to assess and accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
• Knowledge of and experience with public relations techniques, procedures, and media outlets.
• Ability to travel to promote and represent PLW.
• Excellent organizational and (verbal/written) communication and marketing skills.
• Ability to work some weekends and evenings.
• Proficient computer skills including publishing and graphic design software.
• Proficiency with social media.
• Oversees the development, implementation and monitoring of all PLW's public relations activities and its media presence.
• Is the PLW media contact and establishes/maintains a relationship with the media.
• Does research for articles and studies on Pro-Life topics e.g., Planned Parenthood activities and tactics.
• Produces and ensures that press releases, letters to the editor, weekly email updates and action alerts, The Banner newsletter, pamphlets, and correspondence are prepared in a timely and exemplary manner.
• Develops and implements an annual strategy for PLW public relations events, media activities and public speaking engagements at key dates (e.g., Roe v Wade anniversary, October Respect Life Month, etc.).
• Develops innovative marketing strategies and public relations activities.
• Assists in the planning and promotion of various special PLW promotional and fund-raising events.
• Provides assistance to PLW Staff, especially the State Director, for their media and PLW promotion/public speaking activities.
• Monitors the media, e.g., newspaper, PLW email and internet, to be able to apprise the PLW Staff, especially the State Director, of relevant current developments and news worthy events.
• Maintains the PLW History File.
• Manages and maintains the PLW web site.
• Collaborates with staff members to promote programs, legislation, and development through digital and/or printed materials.
• Be available for public speaking events as needed.