Holy Apostles Catholic Parish is seeking a Mission Manager: Youth Discipleship to promote and champion our mission of forming youth disciples, as well as growing their own relationship with Christ through the practice of discipleship habits. The candidate will pursue paths that engage teens into a deeper relationship with Christ, build relationships that invite youth into paths, and guide parents, parishioners, and volunteers to support youth to become a disciple.
• Build a welcoming, transformative community of youth disciples where they can join and feel a sense of belonging.
• Develop and implement a vision of youth discipleship where our youth are valued as the present of the Church and parish.
• Design and implement a Youth Discipleship Formation Program that nurtures teen's ongoing relationship with Christ and others.
• Prepare Youth for the celebration of Confirmation. Increase the participation in parish life and mission of our Confirmation youth after celebrating this sacrament.
• Recruit, train, and provide ongoing formation and leadership development for participants, coordinators and adult small group facilitators in Youth Ministry
• Assist in creating and maintaining a youth-friendly parish in which teens feel welcome and involved in the parish as full disciples and members of Christ's Church today.
THE RIGHT FIT
• Faith on fire and a passion to share it!
• Ability to attract and engage youth into the parish community
• Ability to teach youth ministry resulting in understanding and ownership of the ministry
• Committed to walk with youth on their faith journey
• Enthusiasm for growth and overcoming challenges
• Demonstrate servant leadership that encourages collaboration, trust, foresight, listening, and empowerment.
• Bachelor's degree in theology, ministry, leadership, management, administration, communication or equivalent required.
• Three to five years of experience in leadership, project management, and/or parish life required.
• Understanding of servant leadership, discipleship, and disciple-making principles required.
• Ability to talk about one's personal relationship with Jesus and love of the Catholic Church required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to ongoing spiritual growth required.