St. Bernard Parish is a Roman Catholic Parish of approximately 600 families, located on Madison's east side. The Diocese of Madison was erected in 1945 and is home to more than 200,000 Catholics throughout south-central and southwest Wisconsin. We are currently seeking an Administration and Engagement Manager. This is a dynamic full-time position split with the Diocese of Madison's Office of Worship.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Administrative and Engagement Support to the Office of Worship
a. Create and coordinate duplication of diocesan worship aids for liturgical events.
b. Be the primary source of communication between the office and clergy, diocesan staff, groups and others affiliated with the office (choir members, priests, parish staff, etc.) Draft communication with the assistance of the Director of Sacred Music and Director of the Office of Worship, and be the primary contact point for calls, emails and other correspondence coming into the office.
c. Maintain web site and social media pages for the Office of Worship.
d. General administrative tasks, which include filing, organizing, making copies, assembling binders, etc.
e. Serve as the primary point of contact for questions coming to the Office of Worship.
f. Other administrative duties as needed by the office.
2. Administrative and Engagement Support to St. Bernard Parish
a. Maintain the Sacramental registers.
b. Maintain and update the parish web site regularly with input from the pastor and members of the staff.
c. Maintain the parish's social media platforms and communicate regularly on them to engage parishioners and others who may be interested in parish events.
d. General administrative duties, which include the preparation of parish mailings, requests for Sacramental records, etc.
e. Provide administrative assistance to the pastor, and assist the pastor with facility's needs. Serve as the main point of contact for vendors.
f. Greet visitors to the parish, answer the phone and direct visitors to appropriate offices.
g. Serve as the main point of contact for reserving Mass stipends.
h. Create advertisements for parish events, post to social media and distribute event fliers around the area.
i. Other administrative duties as determined by the pastor and the needs of the parish.
• The ideal candidate will be a practicing Catholic who attends Mass regularly and is well-connected to the Catholic community in the Diocese of Madison;
• The candidate must possess extensive knowledge of all Microsoft products, including advanced use of Microsoft Publisher. Basic graphic design skills and the ability to be creative are also required;
• People coming to the parish will oftentimes encounter the candidate as the first point of contact. The candidate must be driven to provide patient, compassionate and competent instruction to those seeking assistance;
• Proficient computer skills and basic knowledge of computer systems would be helpful;
• The candidate must be organized, a self-starter, able to work independently to handle and prioritize a variety of tasks simultaneously;
• There will be an occasional need to travel to the diocesan pastoral center, located on the west side of Madison, and to other parishes throughout the Diocese;
• Must personally and joyfully seek to know, love and serve Jesus Christ through active participation in the life of the Catholic Church;
• Must publicly profess and strive to follow Catholic teachings as proclaimed by the Magisterium of the Church;
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to collaborate effectively and joyfully with people from diverse backgrounds;
• General familiarity with all facets of corporate operations, including business, legal, facility and personnel management.
Normal Work Days & Hours:
Monday - Friday; 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
There will be an occasional need to travel to the diocesan pastoral center, located on the west side of Madison, and to other parishes throughout the Diocese.
This job description is not designed or intended to be a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee in this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice, at the discretion of the Bishop of Madison.