Holy Apostles Catholic Parish & School is seeking a Mission Director: Pastoral Music to promote and champion the parish mission in collaboration with other staff. This position is responsible for the development of the musical worship experience. The candidate should possess an ability to expand and enhance the breadth and depth of the liturgical worship with a variety of music types, including contemporary. Excellent interpersonal and technical skills that will help reach musical talent and involvement throughout the community.
This is a full-time position, with regular weekend and frequent evening hours required.
• Prepare, play and provide instrumental and vocal leadership for all parish liturgical worship, including weekend and school Masses, sacramental celebrations and Holy Days.
• Recruit, train, and schedule cantors, choirs, small ensembles, instrumental into parish worship
• Maintain music equipment, e.g. piano and organ tunings, piano humidity, sound system repairs
• Develop, organize, and maintain the parish liturgical music library
• Keep abreast of current developments in liturgy and in music and direct music ministers to available training workshops and formational opportunities
• Knowledge of video technology setup, preparation and execution necessary for parish liturgy
• Develops budget for liturgical music and manages funds allocated
• 3-5 years' experience in Catholic worship as musician required.
• Working knowledge of current liturgical music required.
• Proven vocal and/or keyboard, and conducting skills required.
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in the field of music or related field
• Having completed or willing to complete the Safeguarding All God's Children certification class
New Berlin, WI 53151