Good Shepherd and St. Raphael Parishes
General Description: The Assistant Director of Religious Education (ADRE) will help the Director of Religious Education (DRE) fulfill her responsibilities to prepare children and their families for the sacraments as well as to provide regular remote formation and evangelization.
General: Meet regularly with Director of Religious Education
Catechesis: Assist with coordination, promotion, planning, execution, and leadership of volunteers for the weekly catechesis program, which occurs one weekday a week for two hours in the evening. Responsible for helping to keep parents accountable and motivated in teaching their children.
* Annual Class Preparation
- Assist with evaluation of previous year's program (material), as well as help discern, develop and implement improvements.
- Help develop promotional materials and promote programs on parish's communication platforms, bulletins, and after Masses.
- Help review/update registration forms, as well as assist with the registration process and updating of current religious education families in the parish database.
* Weekly Class Preparation
- Consult/assist with preparation of activities for children.
- Confirm setup, food, cleanup, and childcare volunteers are in place and prepared.
- Track attendance and participation of parish members.
Sacramental Preparation: Assist the DRE with the coordination and planning of First Reconciliation, First Communion, Confirmation preparation, as well as with the children's catechumenate.
- First Reconciliation & Eucharist: Assist with communication with parents (written or in person), classes, retreats, as well as with the celebration of the sacraments.
- Confirmation: Assist with communication with parents (written or in person), classes, retreat, confirmation interviews, as well as with the day of the celebration of the sacraments.
No experience needed. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Spanish speaking preferred. Salary $35k.
Looking for someone who is Prayerful, a Good Team Member, and Evangelically-Minded.
What makes a good team member? Humility: admission of mistakes, gives credit where credit is due. Zealous: a strong work ethic, organized, desire to learn, willing to put in the extra time. Compassionate: understanding of others faults, knows the effect of words on others.
Discounted housing in Madison, WI available (separate application necessary once hired).
Madison, WI 53715