Looking to make a difference in a child's life? Learning Atrium Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is actively seeking passionate, yet patient guide to work with elementary students who need assistance with reading and spelling on the West-side of Madison. Successful candidates would be trained to deliver an Orton-Gillingham based program to provide explicit reading instruction to their students on a one-on-one basis to bring them up to grade level with their reading and spelling.
Qualified applicants must have a great love for children and need to hear and break apart sounds well enough to coach and guide students towards success. We provide training.
• Empowering and coaching or mentoring mentality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Experience using computers and other technology
• A passion for helping and motivating children to work hard to reach their potential
• Must be patient, positive, and a humble guide
• Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
• Experience working with children preferred
• Coordination and administration skills preferred
Hours: 15- 25 hours/week, primarily in the morning, Monday through Friday during school days. Minimum of 10 hours but opportunity to work up to 30 hours a week. Preference given to candidates willing to work during summer months as well.
A background check and Virtus training is required.
Learning Atrium is a year-round provider that offers Structured Literacy (Orton-Gillingham) guidance to dyslexic students in local Catholic schools.
We provide tutoring in reading and spelling to students who match the profile of dyslexia and other learning differences. We provide the tools these students need to excel in their learning so they can focus on their gifts and all their academics.
We provide support and guidance to parents and teachers, so they know how to support the dyslexic learner in the classroom and at home. While our area of expertise is dyslexia, the programs we offer are data-proven and research-based to aid any individual struggling with reading and spelling.
Please send resume and either cover letter (or one paragraph stating why you are interested in working for Learning Atrium) to Amy at [email protected].
Middleton, WI 53562