St. John Vianney School is seeking both a 2nd Grade and a 5th Grade Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. The start date is 8/16/23.
The schoolteacher respects Catholic values and aids students in faith formation
by exemplifying Catholic living, both in and out of the classroom. The teacher is accountable to the
principal and expected to provide education to the grades and/or subjects assigned, to implement the
school mission and philosophy, to follow the policies of the Diocese of Madison and in the staff and
parent handbooks of SJV, and to adhere to the directives set by school administration.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The teacher establishes a faith-filled environment, demonstrates leadership and knowledge of content, and facilitates learning for students without specific direction using considerable judgement.
• Maintains effective classroom management and cultivates an atmosphere conducive to learning
• Confers with principal and staff in the planning and development of curriculum and pedagogy
• Actively participates in teacher collaboration and articulation
• Plans instruction carefully and implements content effectively
• Organizes and prepares resources for students
• Incorporates technology into the learning environment within the classroom
• Teaches assigned subjects and assists students as needed
• Evaluates and grades students' work
• Communicates professionally and in a timely manner with priests, principal, colleagues, parents,
• Adheres to Code of Ethical Conduct
• Performs additional duties to prepare students for graduation
• Participates in ongoing evaluation for accreditation for SJV
Record Keeping Responsibilities:
• Maintains grading records and updates computer grading system
• Prepares report cards for distribution at the end of each grading period
• Records daily attendance of students
• Completes all required forms and reports as designated by administration
• Attends all school events, such as but not limited to, Back to School Night,
Open House, graduation; as well as, all faculty, professional development, ongoing catechesis,
and other meetings as established and scheduled by the principal and the Catholic Schools Office.
Bachelor's degree with teaching credentials
Experience: Previous instructional experience preferred
Skills / Knowledge:
• Practicing Catholic preferred
• Confirms knowledge of Saint John Vianney's mission
• Establishes and pursues professional growth goals through coursework, research, conferences,
workshops, and other development opportunities
• Complies with guidelines established for blood borne pathogen, CPR, and first aid training
Applicants must possess or be working toward a Bachelor's Degree in Education and a valid Wisconsin Teaching License.
TO APPLY: http://www.wecan.waspa.org search employer: Diocese of Madison or vacancy ID 170112 -5th grade / 170111 -2nd Grade.