Position available mid-April or sooner through the end of the 2022-23 school year.
Waukesha Catholic is seeking a Middle School English Language Arts long-term substitute teacher for the remainder of the 2022-23 school year. The teacher will plan and provide quality English Languages Arts instruction to students in grades 6-8 while supporting the vision and mission of Waukesha Catholic. The position would begin in mid-April and conclude at the end of the school year. The ideal candidate will have a passion for and deep understanding of his/her content area and foster a positive learning environment that will meet the needs of all learners.
Essential Job Functions:
* Cooperates with other faculty members in planning, developing, evaluating, and implementing the English Language Arts curriculum.
* Employs various teaching strategies, taking into account the need to differentiate instruction for the various learning needs of the children.
* Maintains open communication with parent and student (i.e., conferences, phone calls, progress reports).
* Provides a secure, comfortable, respectful, and inviting learning atmosphere which motivates and challenges students to achieve in all areas of development.
*Responsible for the safety, supervision, and well-being of every child whenever students are on the premises.
*Attends regular faculty; Participates in parent/student/teacher conferences.
Knowledge and Skills:
*Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing, with a variety of constituents.
*Highly organized and able to work independently and as a team member.
*Able to multitask and prioritize projects.
*Ability to demonstrate a high level of professional, ethical, and confidential behavior.
*Technology skills and knowledge of the Google platform
Education and Work Experience:
* Bachelor's degree from a certified college or university.
* Must be appropriately certified, or certifiable, by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction to be a substitute teacher or to teach 6-8 grade English, Reading, or Language Arts.
*Practicing Catholic preferred