The Director of Stewardship and Communications will further the STME Parish Cluster mission by setting and guiding the parishes' implementation of a comprehensive stewardship plan and developing an overall communications strategy. The goals of this position are to:
1) Foster a culture of stewardship by promoting the gifts of time, talent, and treasure from parishioners and volunteers to support the ministries of STME
2) Develop relationships with parishioners, recruit and welcome new parishioners, and increase the number, involvement, and giving from significant donors
3) Create a comprehensive and consistent plan for all internal and external communications by effectively utilizing multiple methods and channels.
JOB DESCRIPTION (abbreviated)
Ministry of Stewardship
1. Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive stewardship plan across both parishes to enhance donations, development, & volunteering in terms of time, treasure & talent.
2. Lead the annual Stewardship budget process with assistance and input from other staff and committees.
3. Institute a formal reporting, review, and analysis process to measure results of all phases of stewardship compared to budget and prior years. Create plans and initiatives to address any actual or projected shortfalls and share all information with the Finance Councils and leadership team.
4. Manage the timely, complete, and accurate entry of donations into the parishes' databases & develop reporting and analysis tools, including the use of the Archdiocesan database and analytical systems, to better understand giving and membership trends and opportunities.
5. Prepare related reports for dissemination to parish Finance Councils to support planning
and oversight of parish resources and the annual budget process.
1. Develop a robust and comprehensive communication plan for the STME Cluster and its mission and ministries, ensuring that all internal and external communication have a consistent message while effectively utilizing multiple communication channels.
2. Collaborate with parish leaders to develop communications strategies that will broaden the reach of messages and assure effective and consistent approaches to parish communication efforts.
3. Collaborate with parish leaders to develop, implement, and evaluate an annual master
plan to guide large-scale parish communications.
4. Manage and mentor a communications coordinator to support the development and execution of the communications strategy.