Position Summary: https://caritas.us/director-of-fundraising
CARITAS For Children is a Catholic Lay Apostolate that primarily develops relationships between people living in poverty and faithful Catholics: specifically, those who desire to live out the Gospel message by loving thy neighbor and assisting in the corporal and spiritual works of mercy. This position will assist in building global relationships by leading and executing a comprehensive fundraising strategy to support our ministry work.
This position will work closely with the Executive Director of the Ministry and Development (EDMD) and other staff members to implement development plans to achieve fundraising goals and promote the mission of CARITAS. The Director of Fundraising must be motivated by principles of ministry-based fundraising (as laid out in Henri Nouwen's, The Spirituality of Fundraising) and authentic love for the Catholic faith.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Assist staff in developing and executing Strategic Plans for long- and short-term fundraising goals.
Coordinate and oversee all fundraising and ministry appeals
Communicate with current ministry partners and donors
Increase donor base by inviting people to join our ministry and support our work financially
Prepare grant requests from current base foundations and new organizations. In addition, ensure a comprehensive schedule of application and report deadlines.
Assist with coordinating the calendar schedule of weekend presentations and other yearly events
Supervise the stewardship process, including prompt gift acknowledgment for all donors
Support marketing and networking efforts to advance mission engagement
* A thorough understanding and love for the Catholic faith and ministry
* 3+ years of development experience minimum
* Successful track record of asking and receiving major gifts
* Experience in building and managing relationships with individual donors, corporate and/or foundation donors
* Familiarity with fundraising office administration (best practices, protocols, procedures, and data management) and staff management
* Excellent skills in diplomacy, verbal and written communication, time management, and attention to detail
* Willingness to travel when necessary and work occasional evenings and weekends.