BASIC FUNCTION: This position assists the Director of Communications with efforts to promote awareness of and pilgrimages to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in La Crosse, Wisconsin. This includes but is not limited to: the development and implementation of internal and external communications, through effective use of marketing and communication strategies, on websites, social media platforms, and email marketing services, as well as printed, newsletters, mailings, and signage.
Principal Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Creation, management, and update of websites
2. Design, update, format, and layout graphics and other design elements for web, social media, and printed materials.
3. Creation, management, and posting of video and image content to social media platforms
4. Writing and distribution of weekly emails blasts and other communication media.
5. Maintenance of web identities, directories, listings, calendars, and other web presences.
6. Graphic design of printed advertisements on billboards, journals, newspapers, church bulletins, flyers, brochures, posters and other materials to help promote Shrine activities and events.
7. Transporting certain printed advertisements, such as flyers, to local parishes.
8. Development and implementation of online advertisements through geotargeting, geofencing, social media ads, and other materials to help promote the Shrine's online presence.
9. Live-stream of worship services and liturgies
10. Content creation for monthly newsletters
Education and Work Experience:
1. Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or related field
2. Experience in a communication and/or marketing position, working with digital communication platforms, software and programming
3. Excellent writing/editing/grammar and verbal communication skills.
4. Experience in website design/maintenance.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and Adobe is required.
6. Working knowledge of audio-visual systems, technology, sounds boards, and related equipment is a plus.
Other Knowledge and Skills:
1. Able to set reasonable goals and accomplish deadlines.
2. Works well independently under limited supervision and as part of a team.
3. Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of working collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, parish leaders, parishioners, vendors, media, and community.
4. Remain current on latest developments in technology, social media, graphics, and marketing.
5. Maintains professional and positive attitude, appearance, and manner.
6. Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize work and manage multiple tasks and projects. A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing multiple priorities and tasks concurrently.
7. Written and spoken proficiency in Spanish preferred.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
• General office environment;
• Conduct tours of the Shrine grounds in all seasons;
• Must be able to drive to various locations as required;
• Must be able to use standard office equipment such as computer and access to the internet, cash register, telephone, fax machine etc. in conjunction with office related duties.