Coordinator of Liturgy and Baptism Preparation (Full-time)
Reports to Hospitality & Discipleship Team Leader
Has the Holy Spirit been telling you to be ready for a change? Why not pray about becoming our next Coordinator of Liturgy? We are assembling a team focused on living the Gospel and Active Discipleship. The Coordinator of Liturgy helps to foster and support a prayerful and sacramental culture of encountering Jesus. This person will work with the priests, deacons and staff to lead the planning of all parish liturgies. A successful candidate must be able to invite parishioners to have full, conscious and active participation in Sacraments and Discipleship. We believe that this will happen through radical hospitality, journeying together as a community, and sharing amazing liturgy together. It is necessary for this person to be good at articulating, developing, and implementing a Christ-centered vision and mission for liturgy. Evangelization and missionary discipleship are the central mission of this and all positions at SFA.
Experience is preferred, pay commensurate with experience.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Overall coordination of Liturgy for the largest parish in the Diocese of Green Bay, with three worship sites and eight weekend Masses.
- Good at articulating, developing, and implementing a Gospel centered vision and mission for liturgy.
- Evangelization and missionary discipleship are the central mission of this and all positions at SFA.
- Recruiting and training volunteers for liturgical roles.
- Oversight of Worship Commission and of the Inside Environment Committee.
- Oversight of and works with the Music Coordinator.
- Oversight and assists with parish screens and multimedia.
- Coordinates Baptismal preparation.
- Participates in planning and helping coordinate Baptisms, Religious -Education liturgies and RCIA/CIC rites and rituals, Confirmation liturgy, and Catholic School Masses.
1. Assist with Communion services, visits to hospitals, nursing homes, wake services, funerals, and parishioner homes for pastoral care of the sick and elderly as needed.
2. Invite persons visiting the parish or joining the parish to active participation in discipleship, in stewardship of prayer, service and sharing, and in other parish programs.
3. Participate in pastoral and spiritual care to the sick and homebound, hospital visitation, coordinate Holy Communion to homebound parishioners and nursing homes within the parish boundaries.
4. Assist persons in crisis connecting them with resources including priests, Good Shepherd Fund, Carelink, and other local community resources.
1. Liturgical documents of the Catholic Church.
2. Local customs and diocesan policies regarding liturgy.
3. Degree, completion, or working on a certificate program in liturgy.
4. Order of Mass and basic understanding of liturgical theology.
5. Flow of the liturgy, including timing and prayerfulness.
- Knowledge of liturgy, Catholic teaching and actively practicing Catholic faith.
- Availability on some weekends and Holy Days is required, with a healthy respect for family and dominion encouraged.
Qualified Candidates, please send resume and cover letter to:
St. Francis of Assisi Parish
Attention: Human Resources
601 N 8th Street, Manitowoc, WI 54220
or by email to: [email protected]
by the deadline of: Monday, October 10th.