St. Jude Parish has had a long history of great sacred music and wishes to continue this into the future with a talented and prayerful director of music and liturgy. The parish is blessed with excellent instruments and many eager church members, both young and experienced. The next full time director of music and liturgy should have excellent organ and piano skills as well as experience working with cantors and choirs with diverse backgrounds. We are hoping for a person with a strong background in Catholicism and familiar with both traditional and newer music. St. Jude the Apostle is located at the near west side of Milwaukee, in Wauwatosa, WI
* Through music and ritual, design and execution, help a young Catholic parish to worship God with beauty and intentionality.
* Have training and practice playing pipe organ (ours is new in 2009) and other keyboards to help lead liturgical rituals.
* Degree in liturgical music and theology is preferred.
* Recruit, practice and direct choirs.
* Select music that is a combination of both old and new.
* Give guidance and coordination to liturgical ministries with the help of additional staff.
* Coordinate additional instrumentalists available within the parish and from the broader metropolitan area.
* Meet regularly with pastor, staff and liturgy committee to coordinate liturgies and the care of the people.
* Have professional office skills with technology, communication, confidentiality, organization and multi-tasking.
* Stay in dialogue with our Archdiocesan liturgy office and professional organizations for continuing education and coordination.
* Prepare the departmental budget.
* Assures instruments are properly maintained.
* Adhere to protecting all of God's children and other universal and particular laws and procedures of the Catholic Church