Coordinator of Liturgy and Evangelization for St. Gabriel the Archangel
Job Title: Coordinator of Liturgy and Evangelization
Reports to Pastor
The Coordinator of Liturgy & Evangelization helps to foster and support a prayerful and sacramental culture of encountering Jesus by working with the pastor and his staff. The Coordinator will assist in articulating, developing, and implementing a Gospel centered vision and mission for liturgy. Evangelization and missionary discipleship are the central mission of this position. The Coordinator will be required to be a member of St. Gabriel Parish upon start date.
This position is quite diversified and requires a balanced variety of skills and experience, being capable of effective expression in an organized, articulate, and concise manner. Must prioritize regular work load with special assignments and/or parish projects, be prompt in meeting deadlines, and provide consistent follow-through and communication among staff and parishioners. Should identify opportunities for progress and parish growth, being helpful in the implementation process and providing assistance and communication to administrative staff in coordinating work/special projects.
Skills, Education and Abilities:
Bachelor's degree in the area of theology or other experience appropriate to meet the description of this ministry. Computer experience is essential.
• Practicing member of the Catholic Church.
• Knowledge of Liturgy of the Catholic Church and the General Instructions of the Roman Missal.
• Knowledge of communication and social media.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to lead and motivate others.
• Understanding of evangelization, discipleship and mission.
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends as may be necessary to meet the needs of the parish.
Duties and responsibilities:
With this above vision in mind, the Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
• The worship life of the parish, including the preparation of seasonal liturgies, sacramental services, the formation of the annual liturgical calendar.
• Collaborating with Pastor, Deacon and musical ministers in preparing liturgical programs.
• Assist when needed in the evangelization and discipling of children and their families in partnership with the Christian Formation Center.
• The evangelization and discipling of adults (including retreats, preparation for Sacraments, bible studies, charism discernment, formation for mission, and Order of Christian Initiation for Adults).
• Seeking out opportunities to evangelize all those who live within our parish boundaries.
• Working closely with all staff and volunteers to ensure that Evangelization and Discipleship is always considered.
• Serving as an Evangelization and Discipleship resource for all aspects of parish life.
• The Coordinator will be responsible for a comprehensive parish evangelization plan from pre-evangelization through missionary discipleship as a component of the overall pastoral parish plan.
• Coordinator's primary focus will be to help adults and families deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ in the context of proclaiming the Catholic faith.
• Recruiting, training, and supporting volunteers to assist with liturgy, evangelization and formation.
• Supervising and collaborating with parish staff and volunteers cultivating healthy professional relationships that support and foster mission.
• Mentor volunteers to become missionary disciples.
• Partnering with the five-parish Adult Faith Formation Coordinator and the diocese to ensure best practices and to train and maintain certification for volunteers.
• Offer regular support, encouragement and presence to volunteer ministers and promote ongoing evangelization opportunities for them.
• Help parishioners discern, cultivate, and use their gifts and talents in service of the Kingdom of God in the parish and beyond.
• Drive evangelization initiatives for formation of disciples within the parish and expanding the parish community through coordination with the Pastor, Deacon and various parish committees.
• Evaluate the adult faith formation plan in conjunction with the five-parish Adult Faith Formation Coordinator and neighboring parishes formation teams.
• Maintain a healthy and growing spiritual life and be an example for others to do the same.
• Attend regional and diocesan conferences for continuing education and spiritual formation.
Nature of Supervision Received:
• Works independently under the direction of the Pastor and Deacon, within authority limits and experience level.
Judgment Exercised/Decisions Made:
• Make recommendations to the Pastor, Deacon or appropriate committees.
American and Disabilities Act:
• Position requires ability to react to fast pace customer and company demands, verbally converse with other individuals; move and lifts objects of 20 pounds; requires use of office equipment including telephone, personal computer, and use fax and copy machines.
Typical Working Conditions:
• Works mostly at desk in the office and amongst the parishioners, with occasional visits to the church and school buildings. Office hours vary greatly and could include week days Monday through Friday with some evening hours and attendance of at least one Mass each weekend changing Mass times throughout the month. The average work week is 40.0 hours.