Catholic Radio Association
Definition: The Executive Director of the Catholic Radio Association functions as the Chief Executive Officer of the organization. This position assumes overall responsibility for the organization's leadership, vision, inspiration, focus, executive relations, marketing, fundraising, engagement of the Catholic radio community and CRA strategic planning. This person works closely with the Board of Directors, Director of Member Services and volunteers in fulfilling the overall direction of the organization. The individual is responsible for implementation of policies set by the Board of Directors as well as annual goals and objectives, and overall financial and administrative management of the organization. Guidance and direction is provided by the Chair of the Board of Directors.
Educational Qualifications: The Executive Director shall have a minimum of a Bachelor's
Degree or equivalent and experience in managing businesses and/or non-profit organizations.
Experience Qualifications: The Executive Director shall have at least 10 years experience in
a responsible position sufficient to indicate the ability to carry out the responsibilities of this
position as well as the expertise to handle confidential and sensitive information. Previous
supervisory experience is required.
Personal Qualifications: The Executive Director shall have maturity, initiative, sound
judgment, dependability, creativity, and a capacity to resolve issues and problems to complete
the work expected from the Board of Directors. The person shall present a professional manner
and have strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, and organizational abilities.
General Expectations: The Executive Director shall:
• Be committed to the mission of the organization including the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
• Understand and work within personnel, accounting, administrative, and policies and procedures.
• Work in harmonious relationship with all CRA members, staff and the Catholic radio community.
• Accept shared responsibilities and authority to successfully accomplish the goal of this position.
• Perform duties in a conscientious, cooperative manner.
• Perform required amount of work in a timely fashion with a minimum of errors.
• Assure quality in work performed in order to facilitate the delivery of quality services.
• Meet scheduled work efforts and established deadlines.
• Follow applicable professional codes of ethics.
Primary Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not
limited to, the following:
• Responsible for the development, implementation, and accomplishment of the organizational goals and plans including membership and financial goals as approved by the Board of Directors.
• Develops, directs and oversees fundraising activities to ensure financial viability including direct marketing and promotional activities to meet the goals of the organization. Coordinates fundraising activities with the Board of Directors.
Page 1 of 2
Catholic Radio Association
Page 2 of 2
• Efficiently responds to questions from press, membership, staff and members of the community. Communicates effectively in both written and oral form and effectively presents information to the membership, public, and Board of Directors.
• Responsible for implementation of short and long term plans, policies and other activities.
• Coordination with accounting functions and other CRA processes.
• Liaison with other organizations, including dioceses, parishes, ministries, etc.
• Leads all Major Gift cultivation activities, assisted by the Board of Directors, by building relationships with potential major donors on behalf of the organization.
• Monitors and evaluates all business activities and reports progress to the Board.
• Maintains positive relations and affiliation agreements with EWTN and Relevant Radio and with other major Catholic radio entities per the goals and objectives approved by the Board of Directors.
• Maintains CRA memberships per the goals and objectives approved by the Board of Directors.
Typically, these skills and knowledge are the result of a combination of formal education in business, business management, and/or non-profit management, marketing, finance or related areas, and several years of experience in increasingly responsible management positions.
Reporting Relationship : The Executive Director reports to the Chair of the Board of Directors.