POSITION PURPOSE: The purpose of the Receptionist position is to offer exceptional hospitality and service in greeting visitors and callers to the parish, refer them to the correct department of the parish and to provide clerical assistance to parish staff. This is a fast-paced, high profile job that requires good decision-making skills and a solid foundation in the Catholic Faith.
DIMENSIONS: St. Michael Parish has approximately 2,350 registered families and 6,000 individuals, serving two worship sites in Olympia, Washington.
Collaborates with the Pastor and Stewards in implementing the mission of the parish. This is accomplished by participating in the comprehensive planning, implementation, and evaluation of the parish's goals and objectives, with specific focus in the area of administrative support. Incumbent serves as a professional resource to the staff in the area of receptionist services. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm. The following are the duties and responsibilities:
• Assures an exceptionally hospitable and welcoming presence for parish visitors, connecting visitors to appropriate staff, providing appropriate assistance and/or referral to visitors. Answers telephone, and assures accurate and prompt transmission of messages.
• Obtains/delivers the parish mail from the post office, opens and distributes incoming mail and ensures the mailing of outgoing mail.
• Coordinates the use of keys for parish facilities as directed, and laptop checkout. Monitor and track the front office "Drop-off and Pick-up" drawer
• Assures the parish office is securely closed in the evening. This is accomplished by assuring the voice mail is transferred to automatic pick-up, windows and doors are closed and locked, and all appropriate lights are turned off.
• Oversees the parish phone voice mail system and keeps it up-do-date.
• Maintains the Presider Calendar for all Masses.
• Provides assistance to parishioners with Mass requests and cards. Maintains a schedule for Mass Intentions.
• Coordinates and schedules volunteers as needed for parish office projects involved with this position. Incumbent accomplishes this by recruiting, training, and supporting office volunteers.
• Orders office supplies for staff/office (Office Depot/Complete Office). Matches packing/delivery slips with invoices and prepares check requests for bookkeeper for all items ordered. Processes Amazon orders from staff and provides documentation to PAA.
• Assures office machines are maintained; monitors and tracks maintenance schedules. Submits check requests for billings. Monitors the parish account with the Postal Machine vendor to assure balances are maintained at adequate levels for sending parish mail. When refills are needed, submits the necessary paperwork to the PAA to assure checks are issued in a timely manner.
• Accepts fees, deposits & donations for any ministry, issues receipts for cash, and assures checks and cash are given to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
• Prepares and distributes the staff lists and schedules, to include break room cleaning schedule and staff email and phone lists.
• Supports both Team and Thematic goals. Attends Team and Staff meetings.
• Provides support for admin request submitted through AdminDesk.
• Maintains a level of knowledge and skills required to function as Receptionist. This may be accomplished through reading, training opportunities or workshops, as approved and as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.