I. General Information
A. Job Title: Bookkeeper for:
St. Mary Parish, Aberdeen
St. Mary's School, Aberdeen
Our Lady of Good Help Parish, Hoquiam
Our Lady of the Olympics Mission, Quinault
St. Jerome Parish, Ocean Shores
St. Paul Mission, Westport
St. Joseph Parish & Cemetery, Elma
St. John Mission, Montesano
Grays Harbor Ministry Team
B. Primary Objective of Position:
Perform bookkeeping/financial functions for the regional parishes and school as assigned. Assure compliance with Archdiocesan guidelines and policies as handed down, along with local, state and federal laws/regulations.
C. Immediate Supervisor/Line of Accountability:
Pastoral Assistant for Administration / Regional Pastoral Coordinator
1. Knowledge of the teachings and values of the Catholic Church, Parish life, activities, ministries of service within the Catholic Church.
2. Must have a three (3) year accounting background, college degree or 3 years working experience in bookkeeping and knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop would be a plus.
3. Exceptional organizational skills, knowledge and competency of Excel, Word and Outlook, and familiarity of payroll/HR functions is desired.
4. A working knowledge of computers, the internet, telephone systems, excellent typing, filing and organizational skills. Must be a self starter, able to work with people of all ages and show excellent communication skills.
5. Demonstrate the ability to respect and to maintain confidentiality.
III. Duties & Responsibilities
1. Manages the financial resource system of the parishes and school, assures that all contributions to the parishes and school are accounted for in an accurate and timely manner. Works closely with the PAA, Parishes, School and Finance Councils to maintain accuracy in the financial statements.
2. Coordinates volunteers for money counting and record keeping. This is accomplished by recruiting, screening, training, supporting and overseeing the work of volunteers for these tasks.
3. Oversee Accounts Payable; managing and advising that invoices are paid under the correct account numbers and in a timely manner.
4. Assures the maintenance of the regional banking accounts. This is accomplished by processing all check requests and assuring there is proper authorization for expenditures in all program and operating accounts regionally.
5. Assures the development and maintenance of QuickBooks Desktop, the financial bookkeeping system for the region. This is accomplished by maintaining accurate and current accounts payable and receivable ledgers.
6. Assures preparation and administration of capital and operating budgets for the parishes, school and cemetery. Assures accurate and confidential record keeping systems, creates and oversees tracking system for regional ministry expenses.
8. Serves as a competent resource to the Pastoral Coordinator in the area of finances.
9. Receives on going education in the Archdiocese with development and growth.
IV. Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with the Archdiocesan guidelines and experience.
This is a 31.0 hour a week position, Monday through Thursday 9am to 4pm and Fridays 9am to 12pm.
This is a full-time position with Archdiocesan benefits; Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance and Pension, Sick and Vacation accrual hours.
Salary increases are given at the beginning of a Fiscal Year only after review.
Mileage is paid by the parish when travel is necessary to the position for workshops and meetings out of the area.
V. Other Comments
There is a probationary review at 3 months and again at 6 months.
Pay periods are every two weeks (26 pay period a year), paid on every other Tuesday.
Employees are required to enter their hours in the Paycom System every Friday.
Your employment information is entered into Paycom for you. You are able to go into your records and pull your pay stub and W-2 and change any of your personnel information.
The Regional PAA reserves the right to modify job descriptions. Changes are undertaken in consultation with the Pastoral Coordinator, the Supervisor and the employee.