Christian Brothers Conference (CBC) has an immediate opening for an ambitious and innovative director of communications with a vision for communicating the Lasallian charism to internal and external stakeholders. This role presents an opportunity to build on the solid foundation that exists in the communications office and develop strategies and content that will enhance communications efforts and embrace current trends. The director of communications will craft messaging materials for print, digital, and programmatic campaigns while working collaboratively with the various CBC departments and others in the worldwide Lasallian mission. The director will supervise the communications specialist. The outgoing director of communications will remain on staff in a new leadership role and serve as a resource for the new director.
This full-time position may be based in the Washington, D.C. office, hybrid, or remote. The director of communications reports to the executive director and will collaborate with communications personnel in the Districts of the Lasallian Region of North America (RELAN) and the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools.
• Set and implement strategies for communications that consistently promote the Lasallian charism and engage those who serve in Lasallian ministries.
• Produce all online, printed, and other materials, including video and audio.
• Maintain and update the CBC website, social media accounts, and email campaigns.
• Collaborate with staff responsible for programs and events; promote events and provide coverage for the CBC website and social media.
• Work with District and Institute communication personnel on overall collaboration and specific projects.
• Collect and promote Lasallian resources, news stories, and media opportunities.
• Collaborate with vocation ministry staff to promote vocations.
• Raise profile of Lasallian education through press releases, advertising, email and social media campaigns, and other efforts.
• Bachelor's degree.
• At least 5-7 years of relevant communications experience.
• Excellent writing and editing skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent verbal communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multitask and adhere to deadlines.
• Familiarity with the Catholic faith and the Lasallian mission.
• Experience engaging with both secular and Catholic media.
• Experience creating and executing digital media strategy, including social media across platforms like Instagram, Twitter (X), Facebook, and LinkedIn.
• Proficiency in email marketing and newsletter campaigns.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud applications, including Photoshop and InDesign.
• Photography skills preferred.
• Video skills preferred.
• Familiarity with WordPress preferred.
The salary is anticipated to be $90,000 to $100,000.
Christian Brothers Conference offers excellent benefits, including fully paid health insurance, 20 vacation days annually, a generous parental leave policy, and a pension plan. There is a commitment to professional development of all employees.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three references to jo[email protected]. These should all be in one attached PDF document.