Position: Vice Chancellor for Veterans Affairs Department: Office of the Chancellor Reports to: Chancellor Classification: Non-Exempt; Half-Time; On-Site
The Vice Chancellor for Veterans Affairs provides administrative support to the Chancellor by assembling the applications for priests seeking to serve as chaplains in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Receives telephone and email inquiries pertaining ministry in the Department of Veterans Affairs.
2. Manages the process for priests applying for the Archdiocese's ecclesiastical endorsement to serve in the Department of Veterans Affairs, to include receiving online application, requesting permission from diocesan bishops and religious superiors, and gathering all pertinent documents for the application.
3. Prepares the ecclesiastical endorsement form for priests applying for a position in the Department of Veterans Affairs.
4. Ensures that priests working in the Department of Veterans Affairs have current safe environment training during the application process and all times during their service.
5. Updates the VA chaplain database and personnel files to ensure that AMS faculties are current and letters of suitability and celebrets are handled expeditiously.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: • Bachelor Degrees or higher
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: • Knowledge of VA recruiting and religious vocations • Communication skills • Organizational and communication skills • Ability to keep detailed records