ASSOCIATE PRODUCER (Pro-Life Weekly)
Full-time, onsite in Washington, D.C. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Associate Producer for Pro-Life Weekly, you will work with the Pro-Life Weekly editorial team to produce content with a strict deadline for a daily newscast. This role will also collaborate with and support the production of all shows across EWTN News, as needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Contribute to a lively, fast-paced newscast that includes writing news packages, voiceovers, teases, and discussion segments; assists in writing scripts for newscasts and TV news brief.
• Pitch story and guest ideas to team; book guests and coordinate all necessary details.
• Develop and nurture a productive network within the Pro-Life and Catholic community.
• Work with editors to facilitate production.
• Watch and log video and sound for various events.
• Communicate with production crew about executing the newscast.
• Review and pull video for stories (packages, VOs, and discussions) and monitor AP wires.
• Visualize and order graphics.
• You have a minimum of 2-3 years' experience in TV broadcast news, Newspaper, or Marketing environments.
• You are a practicing Catholic with with demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the faith and EWTN's mission, including how it relates to stories being covered.
• You have excellent news judgment, attention to detail & accuracy; communication and interpersonal skills.
• You are able to visually and creatively tell a story and engage viewers using graphics and other elements.
• You have experience utilizing broadcast software programs (i.e., iNews, AP ENPS)
• You possess excellent broadcast writing skills.
• You have a collaborative nature & work successfully in a team environment, independently, and with remote teammates.
• You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
* We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN's mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
* Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of family, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
* Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
* Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
* 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
* Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
* Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you're ready to get started on EWTN's mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!