Full-time, onsite in Washington, D.C. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Studio Technician, you will be responsible for the technical setup and operation of all production functions in the studio or in the field. You will work in other production crew positions as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• You will coordinate with the Director, Audio Technician and the Studio Operations Manager on studio setup required for productions.
• You will assist in studio set changes, wiring guests for audio, and operating lighting board.
• You will set up on-location cameras, Skype and satellite interviews.
• You will back up the Digital Asset Manager and assist with capturing live feeds and downloading footage for broadcasts.
• You will work closely with the Engineering Manager to maintain and upgrade all aspects of the studio and broadcast facilities.
• You will assist with field productions.
• You have a minimum of 2-3 years' experience in TV broadcast/cable production or related field.
• You are proficient with robotic camera systems and are experienced with professional control room equipment, (switchers, tape operation, graphics, and teleprompter software).
• Experience or knowledge of the following are highly preferred; Avid infrastructure, technical directing, electrical engineering.
• You possess excellent organizational & communication skills with strong attention to detail and follow through.
• You are able to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
• You must possess a working knowledge of the Catholic Faith and alignment with EWTN's mission.
• You hold an Associate's degree in Electronics, Communications, or TV Production.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN's mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of work/life balance, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you're ready to get started on EWTN's mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!