Full-time, onsite in Washington, D.C. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Video Editor, you will be responsible for the editing and assembling of recorded raw material into a suitable, finished product ready for broadcasting. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, voiceovers, graphics and special effects. In addition, the Video Editor will be responsible for exporting and uploading show segments and materials online for social media and other platforms.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Edit video packages and show elements using Avid Media Composer in coordination with the other members of the editing team and show producers.
• Operate computer editing systems and equipment used for video media and effects.
• Ensure all projects are completed in a timely manner, adhering to all existing technical and stylistic protocols.
• Improve video and sound quality using various video software.
• Export, upload, and deliver show materials.
• Proactively maintain knowledge of industry standards, (linear and non-linear, digital, and analog) and trends related to post-production field.
• You have a minimum five years of experience working in broadcast/cable news production; minimum of three years of experience working in field production or similar environment.
• Experience in Avid Media Composer is strongly preferred.
• You exemplify proven ability to take direction from multiple decision makers and work independently when necessary.
• You possess excellent communication skills and a solid understanding of project scope and implementation.
• You are able to collaborate well with others.
• You are able to analyze problems and take the initiative to correct when appropriate.
• You have a solid understanding of EWTN's mission and desire to work in a Catholic environment.
• You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Communications or other relevant field of study.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN's mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of family, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you're ready to get started on EWTN's mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!