Full-time, onsite in Washington, D.C. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Videographer, you will shoot general assignment, National, political and feature news in a non-linear newsroom for a designated News program.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Shoot general assignment, political and feature news stories.
• Professionally light reporters and guests.
• Shoot live shots and packages for daily news and/or weekly news shows.
• Operate streaming video equipment like LiveU.
• Assist the Production Manager with managing the freelance photographers and the field production equipment, including company vehicles.
• Set up and operate remote productions.
• Assist in the control room during show production (robotics, tape operator, teleprompter, floor directing, delivering scripts).
• Responsibly operate ENN News crew vehicles; adheres to all local traffic laws.
• Assist reporters in the field with technical assistance.
• Provide flexibility as work may extend beyond broadcast completion including occasional weekends and international and domestic travel (minimal).
• If assigned, organize field crews with reporters and call-in freelancers as needed.
• Assist in maintaining field equipment and crew vehicles.
• You have a minimum of 3-5 years of broadcast news field experience, preferably with White House or Capitol Hill experience.
• You have proven photography skills in a multi-media newsroom environment and on off-site locations.
• You are experienced in Avid or comparable professional computer-based editing systems, and multiple tape formats.
• You possess strong knowledge of location lighting techniques.
• You are tech savvy and informed about latest broadcast technology.
• You are self-motivated with attention to detail.
• You must be able to pass a White House background check.
• You have good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment and/or independently as needed.
• You have a solid understanding of EWTN's mission and desire to work in a Catholic environment.
• You are able to lift and carry broadcast equipment up to 50 pounds.
• You are able to attend events, including some domestic travel, as needed.
• You hold a degree/certification in Photography, Broadcasting, Film/TV Production, or other relevant field and/or equivalent combination of training and experience.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN's mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of family, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you're ready to get started on EWTN's mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!