ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT / RECEPTION
Full-time, onsite in Washington, DC. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the first point of contact, you will be responsible for providing a professional and welcoming experience for all guests and visitors to the office. Responsibilities include greeting and announcing visitors, maintaining various databases and tracking systems, and general administrative duties. Supports the VP and Editorial Director of EWTN News, Human Resources Manager, and DC office staff with administrative items to ensure an efficient, smooth-running office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• You will greet all visitors to the office, including vendors, clients, and talent/show guests; maintain professional presentation in Reception areas; provide coverage for the front desk at all times.
• Maintain various databases and tracking systems (i.e., Building Security database, DataWatch activation website, Visitor and Parking Validation logs, etc.); serve as primary point of contact for all EWTN staff to assign visiting office and/or meeting space in the DC office as needed.
• Serve as liaison with facilities and building management, and are point of contact for safety and security requirements and procedures.
• Work with Accounts Payable to process invoices; maintain vendor files, respond to payment status requests.
• You will be responsible for conference room reservations and coordinate with Department Managers to plan and execute various department and office-wide events.
• Maintain proper inventory of office supplies; conduct routine inventory and order supplies.
• Monitor the Chapel, Green Room, and break rooms to ensure a clean, organized, attractive environment.
• Ensure proper operation of office/kitchen equipment; troubleshoot issues and coordinate repairs.
• You have a minimum of 3-5 years of office and administrative experience.
• You have proven Intermediate to advanced level skills with Microsoft Office Suite include creating documents, formatting spreadsheets, and creating interactive forms and reports.
• Others would describe you has having excellent communication & interpersonal skills to include verbal, written, active listening, with the ability to project a genuine customer service mentality and interact with all levels of staff/management and external clients.
• You are proficient in time management; able to multi-task, adapt quickly to changing priorities, consistently meet deadlines, and maintain confidentiality.
• You are able to conduct efficient and thorough online research; proven ability to learn new software platforms.
• You are able to work 8:30 am - 5:30 pm with the flexibility to work overtime when needed and are consistent, prompt, and reliable.
• You can demonstrate an understanding of the Catholic Faith, the Magisterium, and their relevance to the network's programming goals.
• You hold an Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field (Bachelor's degree preferred).
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN's mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of work/life balance, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you're ready to get started on EWTN's mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!