Full-time, onsite in Washington, D.C. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Production Assistant, you will provide administrative, technical, and organizational support to producers and directors in a news production environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Work closely with the Producers and production staff on location shoots and studio shoots; make technical notes; time and mark up notes for post-production.
• Work with the Producers in the timing and logging of recordings in studio and in the field, watch for any errors as the host speaks, make copies of scripts or script notes, conduct internet research, and run a variety of errands.
• Perform the basic newsroom functions as required by the Producers, such as teleprompter, CG operation, printing scripts, professionally greeting and escorting guests, tape logging, archival video and still photography searches, and rundown and script archive maintenance.
• Maintain network public relations with all guests or visitors in studio or on location.
• Assist production manager and Studio Operations Manager in the setup of all location/remote productions.
• You have 1-2 years of experience in broadcast/cable TV production/programming environment or related field; background in television is preferred.
• You are adept at Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; learning other computer programs as required.
• You have a strong understanding of the Catholic Faith and EWTN's mission.
• You possess a visual sense of video composition combined with knowledge of camera techniques.
• You possess excellent organizational, time management & communication skills; ability to "think on your feet."
• You are able to multi-task at a high level and work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
• You are able to travel and work a flexible schedule to include overtime, when required.
• You hold an AA/BS degree in communications, broadcasting, TV production, or Catholic studies.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN's mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of family, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you're ready to get started on EWTN's mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected]. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!
Washington, DC 20002