The Development and Communications Associate manages the fundraising database, donor processing and acknowledgement, and directs all communications activities, including social media.
- Records monetary and in-kind donations in Donor Perfect.
- Prepares thank you letters and receipts to acknowledge gifts.
- Coordinates credit card donations by entering data into credit card software client and ensuring recurring donations process as scheduled.
- Serves as main customer service contact for donors.
- Manages and ensures Donor Perfect database hygiene by updating new addresses, name changes, requests to be added or removed, etc.
- Composes thank you letters monthly, each featuring a new patient story.
- Works with Development Manager and other program staff to develop content for the monthly e-newsletter and quarterly print newsletter.
- Serves as the main point of contact between Christ House and outside printer, coordinating mailing and printing orders for newsletter and other print projects.
- Administers the Christ House webpage and makes regular updates to the Christ house blog.
- Manages Christ House's social media presence on Facebook and Instagram to post relevant and engaging content.
- Assists the Development Manager with editing and collection of information/materials for grant applications and reports.
- Represents Christ House at fundraising events (e.g. churches and charity fairs).
- Provides tours of Christ House as needed.
- Assists with special projects as needed (e.g. thank you postcard, annual report, year end letters, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- Skills: Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills. Advanced computer skills with understand of database management including running queries and creating reports. Experience with social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, etc.). Good organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.