BOOKER / PLANNING EDITOR
Full-time, onsite in Washington, D.C. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Booker/Planning Editor, you will research and schedule guests for discussion segments for EWTN News Nightly and finalize all necessary details between guests and the control room. The Booker/Planning Editor will also manage the newsroom's editorial calendar and daily agenda.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Book qualified guests, conduct preliminary interviews, and conduct technical tests.
• Build and foster relationships with potential guests, press contacts, Congressional staff, and Catholic contacts in a professional manner.
• Maintain and continue development of existing database of contacts.
• Serve as host to visiting guests; greet upon arrival and escort through the News Nightly studio.
• Manage daily agenda; communicate details to entire bureau to include a rundown of EWTN New Nightly daily activities.
• Research potential guests and stories; pitch guest and content ideas to Executive Producer and ENN Editorial team during daily planning meetings.
• Collaborate with team to assist in achieving relevant, compelling news content and presentation.
• Keep track of upcoming events, hearings, press conferences, and seminars in the Washington, D.C. area that may make for compelling segments.
• Work with Senior Producer and ENN Editorial Team to manage calendar of current story coverage and timelines.
• Provide back-up support to Associate Producer and/or Segment Producer, as needed.
• You have a minimum 3 - 5 years of professional experience in a Newsroom environment.
• You possess excellent organizational and time management skills with a meticulous level of attention to detail.
• You exemplify exceptional interpersonal skills, to include verbal, written, and active listening skills with the ability to represent EWTN in a professional and engaging manner.
• You have a solid understanding of the program's focus and guests/stories that would interest our audience.
• You have good computer skills including Microsoft products (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel) and A/P news software (ENPS preferred). Experience with databases helpful.
• You are able to demonstrate good news judgment.
• You are a practicing Catholic with demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic Faith and commitment to EWTN's mission; strong network of contacts within the Catholic community preferred.
• You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, Theology, or related field; combination of experience and education may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
• You are able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends/nights when required.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN's mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of work/life balance, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you're ready to get started on EWTN's mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected] Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!
Washington, DC 20002