Position Summary: The Sacramental Records Technician performs all duties related to the retrieval and maintenance of records for the Office of Sacramental Records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Retrieves records with incomplete information to update and complete the records in the database.
2. Assists in pre-checking new, incoming baptism, confirmation, first Communion, and marriage records submitted by AMS priests and deacons for accuracy as well as complete information.
3. Processes written requests for sacramental certificates received by email or fax, to include:
a. Retrieval of record(s) from microfiche for records requests from individuals that are incomplete. b. Taking completed certificates to the Chancellor for his signature. c. Preparing signed certificates for mailing or faxing. d. Preparing a "No Record" letter if a sacramental record is not found.
4. Assists with answering incoming calls to the Office of Sacramental Records, as well as retrieving voice mail messages.
5. Serves as the Pastoral Center receptionist at least 4 hours per day, under the supervision of the Director of Administration. When warranted, the position serves full days to cover vacations and absences.
6. Assists other staff members as requested by Director/Supervisor.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Education: • Bachelor Degree Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Computer Databases • Understanding of Catholic sacraments • Interpersonal and customer service skills • Interpersonal skills with staff.