PRODUCER (The World Over)
Full-time, onsite in Washington, D.C. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Producer for The World Over, you will work with the Senior Producer and Host to launch a weekly program to discuss major events, ideas, and currents of thought involving the Catholic Church, politics, entertainment and the wider culture.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Works with the executive producer, the host, and the entire team to produce a weekly discussion show that is engaging, interesting, and helps shape public opinion.
• Identifies relevant topics of discussion and pitch show topics to the editorial team; contributes ideas to editorial meetings about upcoming shows.
• Writes broadcast copy, gathers video and graphic elements, and produces show.
• Uses Associated Press products including the wires and video platforms; uses CNN Newsource.
• Works with videographers and editors.
• You have a minimum of three years' experience in broadcast or print journalism, politics, communications or a related field.
• You have a demonstrated understanding of Catholicism, the Magisterium, and Catholic Social Teaching; demonstrated commitment to EWTNs mission; proven ability to apply knowledge of faith to story coverage.
• You have excellent news judgment when it comes to the intersection of Catholicism, public policy, and discourse.
• You demonstrate a meticulous level of attention to detail.
• You have the proven ability to break down complex information into simple, broadcast language to engage viewers.
• You have prior experience utilizing broadcast software programs (i.e., iNews, AP ENPS).
• You possess proficient broadcast writing and communication skills, including social media skills.
• You are able to work collaboratively with various teams simultaneously as well as independently.
• You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field; combination of experience and education may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN's mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of family, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you're ready to get started on EWTN's mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected] Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!