Position: Vocation Office Secretary
Department: Office of Vocations
Reports to: Director of Vocations
Classification: Non-Exempt: Full-Time
Location: On Site at Archdiocese Pastoral Center, Washington, DC
Remote Work Eligible: No
The Vocation Office Secretary serves as assistant to the Director of Vocations, handling administration of the office and matters relating to Co-Sponsorship applications and agreements, discernment retreats, and seminarian gatherings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates and facilitates timely and accurate administrative support in matters regarding the Office of Vocations.
2. Handles all incoming calls, correspondence, and visitors to the office.
3. Handles and screens all requests for information.
4. Provides necessary support to staff of the Archdiocese and others as requested and approved.
5. Creates brochures, postcards and various publications for the Vocations Office and keeps each updated.
6. Receives and ensures completeness of all Co-Sponsorship application packages.
7. Generates Co-Sponsorship Agreements for the Archbishop's signature, ensuring that they are signed, copied, and sent out. Makes sure the Archdiocese keeps a copy.
8. Organizes files for Co-Sponsored seminarians by performing the follow tasks, including, but not limited to, creating new files for new Co-Sponsored seminarians and ensuring all files are up to date.
9. Maintains up-to-date electronic and hard copies of applications on the Archdiocese Shared Drive and in Salesforce.
10. Ensures Co-Sponsored seminarians regularly update biographical information online.
11. Participates in strategic planning of the Vocation office.
12. Facilitates and oversees the logistical planning of all Vocations Office retreats, gatherings, programs, and seminary visits.
13. Generates accurate and timely reports, rosters, and interfaces that facilitate the ministry of the Archdiocese, the Vocation Director, and the Archdiocesan staff.
14. Prepares "The Harvest Continues" for SALUTE.
15. Facilitates contact between seminarians and donors (e.g., Knights of Columbus, MCCW).
• Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree in Business or Public Administration or equivalent experience.
• Two (2) to five (5) years in a high activity environment as an administrative assistant, secretary, or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Salesforce.
• A minimum typing speed of at least forty (40) words per minute.
• Maintain privacy of all persons supported.
• Organization and communication skills.
• Planning and time management skills.
• Learn ecclesial and military particularities as needed.