Jesuit Refugee Service/USA
Grants and Compliance Coordinator
Job Title: Grants and Compliance Coordinator
Location: Washington, DC
Supervisor: Senior Grants and Compliance Specialist
Jesuit Refugee Service/USA
The mission of Jesuit Refugee Service/USA (JRS/USA) is to accompany, serve, and advocate for refugees and forcibly displaced persons. JRS works in more than 50 countries worldwide to meet the educational, health, psycho-social and emergency needs of almost 1 million refugees and other forcibly displaced persons regardless of race, ethnic origin, or religious beliefs. For more information about JRS/USA please visit our website: www.jrsusa.org.
The Grants and Compliance Coordinator reports is a member of the Programs Department and reports to the Senior Grants and Compliance Specialist. The Grants and Compliance Coordinator supports the management of U.S. Government awards across overseas JRS regions supporting refugees and displaced people. He/she/they works closely with other members of the Programs Department, as well as the Finance Department, to ensure that awards are managed and implemented according to U.S. Government requirements.
• Review quarterly financial reports for U.S. Government awards according to donor compliance policies and communicate with the country and regional offices if there are any discrepancies.
• Coordinate with Program Officers to ensure harmonization between financial and program narrative reports.
• Ensure finance reports are submitted quarterly through SAMS Domestic on time.
• Ensure the inventory and VAT reports are submitted through SAMS Domestic on time.
• Ensure the quarterly report and other reporting templates are updated and shared with the country and regional offices.
• Request and review supporting documentation (samples) to ensure the country offices follow donor policies.
• Follow up with country office procurement staff for significant procurement progress such as construction, vehicles, generators, etc.
• Prepare cash advance templates and request cash advances from the Finance Department quarterly or as needed.
• Work closely with the Finance Department to reconcile the country and regional offices' cash against the total funding.
• Review budget revisions and work closely with the programs staff to submit required documents and ensure timely donor approval.
• Review U.S. Government grant proposal budgets and budget narratives against the proposal narratives.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the Senior Grants and Compliance Specialist as needed.
• Bachelor's degree required. Background and/or training in Finance, Accounting, or Business preferred.
• 1-3 years of relevant work experience required.
• Previous experience with grants, U.S. Government funding, or NGO work a plus.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Knowledge in MS Office software (excel, word, PowerPoint).
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Ability to take initiative, function independently and exercise good judgment.
• Prior experience in a professional environment, preferred.
• Spanish and/or French proficiency strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter through indeed.com.
We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply. JRS/USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applicants from a diverse spectrum of qualified candidates.