The JKT Group, a boutique consulting firm specializing in nonprofit governance, management, fundraising, event planning, is currently accepting applications for a part-time Director of Development who will build and execute fundraising plans and strategies for non-profit clients.. To learn more about JKT Group, visit our website at www.jktgrp.com.
The Director of Development will manage and coordinate all aspects of JKT Group's fundraising operation including, but not limited to: donor research/identification and cultivation, gift solicitation, drafting and managing client solicitation/appeal mailings, donor database management, and event planning.
This part-time position has the potential to become full-time. As JKT Group continues to grow and engage new clients, the duties and responsibilities of the position will develop and evolve to meet the needs of the firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Build development/fundraising strategies for assigned clients
2. Work with the boards of directors/trustees of various clients to build engaged fundraising committees of the board
3. Working with the Development Assistant, develop and provide oversight for clients' customer relationship management systems.
1. Manage a portfolio of prospects and foundations specific to assigned clients
2. Communicate with donors on a regular basis to provide on-going stewardship
3. Solicit donors for annual and major gifts, including capital campaign support.
1. Design and implement client-specific annual fund giving strategies including multiple appeals by constituency
2. Plan marketing and communication strategies for annual giving plans
3. Draft solicitations/e-solicitation, proposals, e-newsletters, event invitations, news articles, and editing of publications
4. Oversee vendors for design, printing, and mailing of annual fund materials
5. Prepare benchmark reports necessary to communicate solicitor progress and measure annual fund progress for partners and clients
6. Manage revenue and expenses for annual fund campaigns
7. Wealth screen new constituents and develop a solicitation strategy
8. Prepare acknowledgement letters and year-end tax documents for all donors
1. Research, identify, steward and solicit capital campaign prospects at all levels and phases of client campaign
2. Help design and implement strategies for cultivating and securing gifts from individual donors in all gift ranges
3. Assist in the preparation of printed campaign materials as needed including donor- specific proposals
4. Maintain and run campaign progress reports
5. Research, identify, write, and edit grant proposals, and other grant related materials in a timely manner for grant proposals
6. Coach and guide clients and capital campaign committees
7. Assist with content for campaign publications
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree required, Masters or above preferred
3+ years of direct development experience with proven experience in closing gifts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
Excellent verbal communications
Attention to detail
Organizational skills and ability to maintain professional database and file system
Must be able to maintain confidential communication
Proficient in Microsoft word, familiarity with desktop publishing, and design a plus.
Must be a results-driven and motivated individual with a willingness to learn while
working as part of a team
Willingness to work in support of secular and religious (Catholic) institutions
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to John Schlageter at [email protected]