Cohort Role - Assistant Director, Leadership Annual Giving (several positions available)
Job ID: 2022-11753
Assistant Director, Leadership Annual Giving (several positions available)
Join the Leadership Annual Giving team at The Catholic University of America to be a part of our inaugural program cohort!
Cohort members will participate in a comprehensive mentoring and training program, which is eligible for CFRE credit towards certification!
Apply soon for best consideration, program to begin in September.
The Assistant Director of Leadership Giving is a front-facing gift officer tasked with capturing, renewing, and increasing support of current -use, unrestricted revenue for The Catholic University of America.
Entry to mid-level donor portfolio management is the primary focus for this position, working to identify leadership annual giving ($5k+) and major gift ($50k+) prospects. Along with high-volume discovery work, this position will be responsible for securing and renewing leadership annual donors for the school under their management, helping to bolster school and departmental annual funds. Leadership annual donors become a part of the 1887 Society Leadership Annual Giving Society when they make an unrestricted gift of $5,000. The Assistant Director, Leadership Annual Giving will work to identify school-specific areas to increase donor engagement and stewardship by creating meaningful touch points.
A successful individual will be well versed in the unrestricted needs of the individual programs, build a case for support, and communicate impact. The individual will collaborate closely with the Director of Annual Giving to support annual giving initiatives and priorities as well as work in partnership with fellow school-based leadership annual giving officers to develop solicitation and engagement strategies.
This position will support the annual fund priority objectives of the Dean, and will report to the Advancement Officer at the school, with a dotted line reporting structure to the Director of Annual Giving. Travel will be required 30-40 % of the time.
• Actively participate in the training and development program for the leadership annual giving team to understand fundraising at Catholic University and the model of transforming an annual gift to a major gift.
• Partner with the Leadership Annual Giving Team to develop annual revenue targets, participation rate, and acquisition and retention targets. Works with school leadership and central Advancement team to establish annual performance metrics (quantitative and qualitative).
• Work with school leadership and the central advancement team to understand the program's annual fund priorities and how these gifts support the needs of the Dean, the faculty and staff, and the various programs in the school. Strengthens the case for annual fund support and helps to steward donors through the sharing of gift impact.
• Conduct face-to-face visits with annual fund program prospects and donors, including alumni and unaffiliated donors. The Assistant Director will be accountable for individual metrics (visits, solicitations, revenue, qualifications, etc.) in addition to school and programmatic goals for the annual fund.
• Cultivate and solicit leadership annual giving members ($5,000 - $49,999) for the school, ensuring renewals are occurring for the program-based donors, and assisting with solicitation of annual fund support with the Board of Visitors in the school.
• Develop strategies to move donors throughout the donor life cycle and up the pipeline to the major gift ($50K+) level and beyond. Strategies should be implemented in collaboration with the appropriate major gift officer(s) and an appropriate hand-off of relationships should occur as needed.
• Utilize the University Advancement's database to document call reports and other relevant information about donor and prospect engagement. Efficiently and effectively comb through a larger list of highly modeled prospects to qualify and disqualify them for larger philanthropic engagement.
• Steward annual fund donors for the school throughout the year to thank donors and qualify them for further engagement by either the leadership annual fund officer and/or another colleague.
Bachelor's degree with 1-3 years of fundraising or transferable experience required. Experience working in a higher education fundraising office is preferred. Sales experience, and/or experience with donor/customer relationship management is preferred. Experience and impact as a fundraiser will be evaluated. Experience within Raisers Edge or another database CRM is preferred but not required.
Several Positions Available:
We are currently accepting applications for Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving to support the following schools/divisions: The Rome School of Music, Drama, and Art; The Conway School of Nursing and the National Catholic School of Social Service; The Schools of Engineering and Architecture; The Division of Athletics; and the Ecclesiastical Schools (Theology & Religious Studies, Philosophy, and Canon Law).
Interested? We'd love to hear from you!
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3327271
Copyright c2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.