D.C. CORRESPONDENT (Catholic News Agency)
Full-time, onsite in Washington, D.C. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the D.C. Correspondent, you will be responsible for producing news articles and other journalistic reporting as assigned by editors. You'll have the opportunity to represent the Catholic News Agency at various functions and events, growing the Network's relationship with apostolates through television and radio appearances and collaborative community functions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Produce one to two news articles per day on current events of national interest or local relevancy, including but not limited to topics surrounding: USCCB, Catholic Charities, pro-life, religious freedom, immigration and poverty legislation, HHS mandate, foreign policy, bioethics, etc.
• Cover press briefings, legislative hearings, civic and community functions, and Catholic liturgical or cultural events. Take photographs and organize images as needed.
• Conduct research, consult experts for background, develop a network of sources and contacts, and conduct interviews as appropriate.
• Improve community engagement on CNA social media platforms through timely reporting and event presence.
• Support other EWTN apostolates through collaborative reporting, including occasional television and radio appearances.
• You have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience working in a journalism role.
• You are a practicing and committed Catholic, in the full communion of the Catholic Church, with a demonstrated affinity for EWTN's mission.
• You possess a familiarity with contemporary social, political, and religious issues, and have a basic liberal arts formation in theology, philosophy, and history.
• You have the ability to analyze current events in relation to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• You possess strong writing skills and journalistic knowledge to include an above average proficiency in English, with a firm grasp of grammar, usage, and syntax.
• You hold an undergraduate degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or other relevant field, or a combination of education and work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN's mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of family, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Potential for flexible hours and telecommuting may be possible dependent upon the position and department needs.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you're ready to get started on EWTN's mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to [email protected]
Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!