Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
Catholic Diocese of Arlington - Headquarters, 200 North Glebe Road, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America Req #59
Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Meaningful work * service oriented and respectful work environment * work-life balance * up to 2 days of telework after 90 days of employment for eligible positions * generous leave * more holidays than the federal government, including Christmas week off * free parking as well as free transportation to/from Ballston metro * paid lunch breaks * professional development tuition assistance * tuition assistance for your children enrolled in our diocesan schools after 1 year of employment * generous benefits, including a pension plan * AND MORE...
Position based in the Arlington, VA office Monday through Friday 8:30 pm to 4:30 pm - No remote/hybrid work
The Office of Canonical Affairs and the Tribunal is an ecclesiastical (Church) court which concerns itself with judicial matters according to the Code of Canon Law.
The Administrative Assistant / Receptionist performs a variety of administrative duties in support of the Judicial Vicar and Tribunal staff of the Office of Canonical Affairs and the Tribunal. The Administrative Assistant / Receptionist must be able to work independently under general supervision as well as part of a team. Spanish speaking is a plus.
• Receive, screen and direct incoming telephone calls and voicemail messages; respond directly to routine calls/voicemails. Receive, open, date stamp, review and direct all incoming correspondence, including faxes and email; respond directly to correspondence containing routine inquiries. Receive and assist/refer incoming visitors.
• Perform routine administrative duties, including preparing correspondence, reports, memos, letters, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database or presentation software; maintain an inventory of office supplies, letterhead and other collateral material; maintain and coordinate service of office equipment.
• Advise front desk concierge about scheduled visitor appointments.
• Coordinate with Judicial Vicar monthly to prepare and schedule of hearing appointments for judges, defenders of the bond, auditors, notaries.
• Schedule and confirm hearing dates and times with auditors, notaries, judges, Defenders of the Bond, and procurator/advocates.
• Prepare and maintain hearing room for meetings for review of Acts, daily lunch, etc. as needed.
• Provide back-up support for other administrative staff in the Office of Canonical Affairs and the Tribunal, including copying, scanning and shredding as needed.
• On occasion provide back-up support for other administrative staff in the CAO, including the front-office receptionist.
• Other duties as needed or assigned.
• Supervision Received
o From Judicial Vicar
• Physical Demands/Working Environment
o While performing the duties of this job, required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weight of 10 - 50 pounds
o Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand, and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read
o Frequently required to sit, hear, talk and use repetitive motion of the hands/wrists
o Occasional evening and/or weekend work is required
o Work performed in an individual, well-lighted cubicle. The noise level is usually low. The space is wheel chair-accessible
• Knowledge/Skills: Basic level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook; basic level proficiency in use of common office equipment, including copier and scanner; good verbal and written communication skills; good organizational skills; strong attention to detail; ability to use basic accounting or related computer programs to process and keep records; ability to handle sensitive situations appropriately and with discretion and confidentiality; high level of energy and enthusiasm; active listener; team player.
• Education Required: High school graduate or equivalent.
• Years and Types of Experience: 0 to 2 years office experience.
We than all applicants in advance for thier interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Function Clerical - Administrative
Pay Type Hourly
Travel Required No
Required Education High School
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/AKxE4MIN7XoZVirbBuoBj1