Administrative Assistant II : Position 2
Catholic Diocese of Arlington - Headquarters, 200 North Glebe Road, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America Req #65
Thursday, September 14, 2023
Meaningful work * service oriented and respectful work environment * work-life balance * up to 2 days of telework after 90 days of employment for eligible positions * generous leave * more holidays than the federal government, including Christmas week off * free parking as well as free transportation to/from Ballston metro * paid lunch breaks * professional development tuition assistance * tuition assistance for your children enrolled in our diocesan schools after 1 year of employment * generous benefits, including a pension plan * AND MORE...
Position based in the Arlington, VA office Monday through Friday 8:30 pm to 4:30 pm - No remote/hybrid work
The Tribunal is an ecclesiastical (Church) court which concerns itself with judicial matters according to the Code of Canon Law.
The Administrative Assistant II performs a variety of complex and confidential administrative duties in support of the Judicial Vicar and in conjunction with other administrative staff of the Office of Canonical Affairs and the Tribunal. The Administrative Assistant II must be able to work independently under general supervision as well as part of a team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES - Evidence Gathering
Evidence gathering includes maintaining and recording all testimonies/correspondence/case information received after the Petitioner's hearing; and, establishing the Respondent's participation if not known during the Preliminary Case Instruction phase of the process.
• Receive case file from Petitioner hearing.
• Make any changes to the grounds requested by the judge/auditor after the Petitioner's hearing. Notify all parties.
• Determine Respondent's participation if unknown.
• Track, maintain, and record all testimonies received after Petitioner's hearing.
o Receive completed questionnaires.
o Schedule phone/in person hearing.
o Request/receive transcriptions.
o Obtain translation if necessary.
• Follow-up with Petitioner/Respondent/witnesses as necessary to ensure complete/final testimony in Acts.
• Prepare case file for review by Presiding Judge or collegiate judge(s).
• Prepare case for psychological assessment phase, when needed.
• Receive and distribute report from assessor and give to Judicial Vicar for review/approval.
• Prepare cases for publication, review and distribution to internal and external parties:
• Maintain Tribunal Calendar to track Evidence Gathering activity and Publication of the Acts activity.
• Respond directly to correspondence containing routine inquiries/ case status.
• Schedule rogatorial hearings and notify court personnel.
• Scan and upload case documents into Canonical.
• Update Canonical with all daily activity for active cases.
• Prepare letters and documents for court officers as needed.
o Knowledge/Skills: Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook; highly proficient in use of common office equipment, including copiers and scanners; strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to use basic accounting or related computer programs to process and keep records; ability to comprehend and apply specialized nomenclature, systems and procedures; ability to handle sensitive situations with discretion and confidentiality; high level of energy and enthusiasm; active listener; team player.
o Education Required: Associates degree; minimum 2-4 years office experience.
o Years and Types of Experience: 2-4 years office experience. Previous experience in a law office preferred. Possess analytical abilities, exceptional attention to detail and hands-on experience with office machines and equipment. Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products. Spanish-speaking is a plus
We than all applicants in advance for thier interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pay Type Hourly
Travel Required No
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/XRdeL7cV4BZrMhqOzSelmB