Resettlement Case Manager
CCD - MRS Fredericksburg, 100 Riverside Parkway, Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States of America ? CCD - MRS Woodbridge, 13000 Harbor Center Dr. - Harbor Center, Woodbridge, Virginia, United States of America Req #39
Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Catholic Charities seeks to implement the Church's mission of social justice in the Diocese of Arlington in ways that strengthen individuals, families, and communities.
In addition to a purpose-based work environment, Catholic Charities offers a generous benefit package including medical plans, generous holiday leave, paid Family Medical Leave*, flexible work options, career development, Diocesan tuition reimbursement*, retirement plans and much more.
Resettlement Case Manager
Ministry: Newcomers MRS
Primary Office: Woodbridge - Fredrickburg (Split Locations)
Hours per Week: 40
Starting Hourly Rate: $24.14
Telework Available: Hybrid 1 day after 90 days of training
***REQUIRED: COVER LETTER MUST CONFIRM ****
SPECIFY THE NUMBER OF YEARS DRIVING IN THE U.S
-Must possess a valid U.S. driver's license
-Have a good U.S. driving record
-Have at least three years of U.S. driving experience in the U.S.
-Be willing to transport clients in agency vehicles.
(APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WITHOUT REQUIRED INFORMATION WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED)
The Resettlement Case manager is responsible for the direct management of individual refugee cases (including minor children), timely delivery of core services, and consistent documentation of services to each refugee family assignment. The goal of the resettlement case manager is to manage multiple community and internal resources for the benefit of the client and to follow MRS policies in the area of resettlement services. Case managers may also provide Match Grant services when necessary. The case manager should also manage relationships with refugee anchors and coordinate the delivery of supplies to newly arriving refugee families (with the resource coordinator), and provide all necessary referrals. Ultimately, the case manager's goal is to increase his/her own individual resettlement capacity. The Associate Director for Resettlement will assist the Resettlement Case Manager in creating a plan to achieve this goal.
• Coordinate the reception of refugee families or minor children upon arrival
• Complete core services for arriving refugees
• Coordinate services with other agencies and service providers
• Maintain well-organized case notes and client files
• Provide information for Monthly Reports
• Client tracking and follow up
Qualifications & Skills:
• Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally both internally, and to clients and external agencies. Must also be able to represent Catholic Charities and MRS at conferences, trainings, and meetings in the community.
• Must be a proactive team player and create a cooperative and positive relationship with clients and relatives. Must be able to assist clients to solve difficult problems under pressure.
• Must be able to consistently work towards self-sufficiency with all clients and reflect the mission and the goals of the agency with minimal day-to-day supervision.
• Should be able to work independently when needed and may also seek guidance from the Associate Director of Resettlement.
• Must attend regular supervision meetings, case consultations, and assist with the development of crisis mitigation strategies. Also, the Case Manager must be prepared to assist with annual projections and reports by providing timely and accurate data.
• Must be able to keep informed of the social services policies and practices in all counties and localities where the case manager is active.
• Manage own learning and participate in trainings and seminars that would be beneficial to self and other staff.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Office products.
• Must have a valid driver's license, 3 years of driving experience and be willing to transport clients in CCDA agency vehicles.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree
• 3 years relevant work experience
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, 15 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, Employee Assistance Program, Diocesan Tuition Reimbursement K-12 after 1 year, free parking, Professional development tuition assistance eligible after 1 year, Closed between Christmas and New Years *Mileage reimbursement where applicable.
Potential Career path at Migration & Refugee Services
Case Manager I
Case Manager II
Senior Case Manager
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position
• Must be able to carry up to 35 lbs to help clients with transporting items.
• Occasionally ascends/descents stairwells.
• The ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• Drive long distances in exceptional circumstances.
Thank you for your interest in joining Catholic Charities, Diocese of Arlington in the crucial work we do. Catholic Charities appreciates the time and effort it takes to submit an application.
Pay Type Hourly
Required Education Bachelor's Degree
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ZRo5zaF7V85mlt1JEUO5l5