POSITION TITLE: Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
Position Summary: In accordance with the standards of the House of Mercy and in union with the Magisterium of the Catholic Church practices and policies, the Marketing Manager plays an important role at the House of Mercy. The Marketing Manager will oversee and coordinate the marketing efforts along with other key business functions related to House of Mercy. They will ensure that all processes and all similar components essential to the smooth and effective operation of the House of Mercy are carried out in a professional and merciful manor.
The Marketing Manager will play a vital role in contributing to the total effectiveness of the Mission, communicating openly, solving problems proactively, offering creative ideas and working as a positive, engaged team member. Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the individual who holds this position.
• Creating a Marketing Plan in conjunction with the Development and Executive Directors
• Web Development including designing the website and keeping it up to date
• Social Media including creating a strategy, posting content, responding to comments, and posts that mention House of Mercy and overall management of all social media outlets
• Overseeing advertising, press releases, communication to the community
• Managing Google and Yelp listings, hours, responding to comments etc.
• Graphic design across the board as well as creating print materials, posters, flyers for general and event use
• Designing and ordering marketing materials such as pens, notepads, stickers, apparel, etc.
• Designing and ordering Annual Appeals, Annual Report and other Development materials
• Designing and ordering internal signage and branded materials for use at House of Mercy
• Managing all other Marketing and digital marketing avenues as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
• College graduate or equivalent preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Well Organized
• Good customer service and people skills
• Flexibility and willingness to grow
• Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, publisher, Adobe Creative Suite and email
• Graphic Design, website development and social media experience
• Experience with database management a plus
Work Hours: Full time, 40 hours/week, Must be able to work during special events (nights & weekends) and extra hours as needed