Case Manager 1 Youth Support Specialist
Migration and Refugee Services - Fredericksburg VA
Fulltime (non exempt)
Starting rate $24.14/hour estimated annual salary is $50,220
We invite you to copy this link into your browser to see what Catholic Charities is about!
Ministry: Newcomers MRS
Primary Office: Fredericksburg
Hours per Week: 40
Staff Supervisor: Elias Jovani Boroni
Telework Available: Hybrid 1 day after 90 days of training
Ideal Start Date: 6/5/2023
The Youth Support Specialist of Catholic Charities Diocese of Arlington (CCDA), Migration and Refugee Services Program (MRS), assists refugee youth in all applicable geographical areas under youth mentoring (MYVA) Program. The CCDA MRS Youth Support Specialist will be responsible for performing and maintaining services and programs that promote positive civic and social engagement and support individual educational and vocational achievement for refugee youth.
MRS Youth Support Specialist will be working with refugee youth, ages 15-24, who face barriers to social adjustment, educational, and employment success. The position connects refugee youth to opportunities to academic connections (both secondary and post-secondary), gain soft skills relevant to employment, training opportunities, and work experiences by matching eligible youth with mentors who will support successful integration.
• Perform all case management functions and responsibilities in a youth and family focused, and culturally competent manner.
• Perform an initial assessment of the need and goals of youth and develop a plan to meet those needs through educational, vocational, and social activities
• Provide case management that includes documenting services provided and the progress of each youth toward meeting the youth's needs and goals
• Develop, deliver, and administer youth Intervention activities focusing on social and life skill development
• Develop and maintain supportive, nurturing, and empowering relationships with youth and families
• Recruit, on-board, train, engage and supervise mentors.
• Develop community partnerships in support of youth/Family engagement
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Knowledge of refugee resettlement preferred or Experience working with diverse populations
• Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally both internally, and to clients and external agencies.
• Must be able to represent Catholic Charities/MRS at conferences, trainings, and meetings in the community.
• Familiarity with local area youth service providers
• Must be a proactive team player and create a cooperative and positive relationship with colleagues, youth, and parents
• Must be able to keep informed of the social services policies and practices in all counties and localities where the youth services specialist is active.
• Must be able to keep informed of information regarding any changes in education policy or practices.
• The ability to manage own learning and identify trainings and seminars that would be beneficial to self and other staff.
• Must be able to strengthen existing relationships and create new ones within the education community.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Office products.
• Must have a valid driver's license, 3 years of driving experience and be willing to transport clients in CCDA agency vehicles
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree
• 3 years relevant work experience
ADD NOTE IN COVER LETTER SECTION TO CONFIRM -
SPECIFY THE NUMBER OF YEARS DRIVING IN THE U.S
Must possess a valid U.S. driver's license, have a good U.S. driving record, have at least three years of U.S. driving experience in the U.S., and be willing to transport clients in agency vehicles.
Potential Career path at Migration & Refugee Services
Case Manager I
Case Manager II
Senior Case Manager
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, 15 paid holidays in 2023, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, Employee Assistance Program, Diocesan Tuition Reimbursement K-12, Minimum of 1 day of telework after 90 day training period ,
To view our benefit offerings:*
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
APPLY AT https://jobs.jobvite.com/catholic-charities/job/oFSdnfwR
Arlington, VA 22203