Education Services Supervisor - Manassas, Virginia,
Full time - Exempt
Starting Salary $56,915.00
2 Days telework after 90 day training period
We invite you to copy this link into your browser to see what Catholic Charities is about!
The Education Services Supervisor coordinates and devises the curricula for all ESOL, workforce development, computer literacy, and other job training initiatives for adult learners throughout Northern Virginia. The Education Services Supervisor will supervise, support, and develop skills of assigned staff, striving to provide a positive environment resulting in staff's high performance and strong morale, as well as providing high quality services that are responsive to the needs of the clients served in the program. The Education Services Supervisor holds regular meetings (supervision) with direct reports regarding workflow, deadlines and other issues.
The Education Services Supervisor will also set staff schedules and maintain a cooperative team environment escalating any problems/issues to the Program Manager when necessary. In addition, the position will be responsible for ensuring grant deliverables and for assisting in the completion of grant applications and grant reports.
The Education Services Supervisor will also oversee devising new curricula to align with standards-based instruction and funding priorities and assisting in the growth and development of the ESOL and workforce development programs at Catholic Charities. This position will assist with the coordination of hiring events and job fairs, network and establish new partnerships with local employers to expand the program's workforce development initiatives and partnerships and will perform other related duties as assigned.
Additionally, this position requires visiting several offsite locations across Northern Virginia regularly and requires regularly scheduled weeknights and some weekend hours.
• BA in Education, social services, or an international field of study
• MA in Education or Curriculum Development preferred
• Bilingual (fluent in Spanish and English) required
• Two or more years of experience working in a multi-cultural setting
• At least two years demonstrated experience devising standards-based curriculum for classroom instruction
• At least one year of experience managing staff and volunteers
• One or more years of experience networking and developing partnerships in the community
• Demonstrated experience in grant writing and reporting
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007 or later
• Superior writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Valid driver's license and regular access to a car
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, 15 paid holidays in 2023, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program. Closed between Christmas and New Years.*After 1 year, Tuition Reimbursement K-12, Pension Enrollment, Professional Assistance.
To view our benefit offerings:*
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
APPLY AT https://jobs.jobvite.com/catholic-charities/job/oDj9nfwc
Arlington, VA 22203