Migration and Refugee Services - Fredericksburg
Full-Time - Exempt position
Starting Salary $55,888.00
Primary Office: Fredericksburg
Hours per Week: 40
Staff Supervisor: Laurel Collins
Telework Available: No
We invite you to copy this link into your browser to see what Catholic Charities is about!
The Site Supervisor of Catholic Charities Diocese of the Arlington (CCDA), Migration and Refugee Services (MRS), coordinates administration and day-to-day operations of resettlement programs in the office. The Site Supervisor is tasked with daily operation supervision, ensuring compliance with program cooperative agreements and grants as well as tracking and monitoring program outcome goals.
The Site Supervisor takes the lead to develop and strengthen partnerships to support refugee self-sufficiency and integration in the community and to uphold the mission and core values of CCDA.
• Plans and administers the refugee program in response to needs identified by CCDA/MRS; US Conference of Catholic Bishops; U.S. Department of State; Office of Refugee Resettlement, and Department of Health and Human Services; and the Office of New Americans
• Directs and coordinates all activities required to carry out refugee program objectives and core services.
• Administers State-funded employment and training, health, and student programs.
• Manages and recruits multi-cultural staff, interns, and volunteers.
• Reviews case files and reports on federally funded programs (Reception and Placement and Matching Grant), as well as State of VA administered programs (Breaking the Barriers, Virginia Refugee Student Achievement Project, MYVA, and VA Refugee Health Program).
• Manages other program activities and funding compliance, as needed.
• Conducts outreach and education within the community about refugee resettlement.
• Oversees solicitation of volunteers, in-kind donations, and financial contributions.
• In consultation with the Director and Associate Director, oversees client fund budgets and program expenditures.
• Ensures close collaboration between resettlement, employment, health, and student programs.
• Conducts bi-monthly consultations with stakeholders in the community including school systems, health care, social services, elected officials, law enforcement, adult education, housing providers, employers, and faith-based community groups.
Documentation and Reporting
• Reports to the CCDA MRS Associate Director for supervision and submission of statistics and required data.
• Oversees the submission of monthly and MRIS/VNIS based reports to USCCB and ONS.
• Prepares quarterly reports for Catholic Charities.
• Prepares program Status Reports as requested.
• Ensures accurate and up-to-date reporting by staff.
• Reviews case files on a regular basis or as requested by supervisor
Provide support to Associate Director and Program Director when needed
Qualifications & Skills:
• Knowledge of the refugee resettlement process and awareness of world events and root causes of displacement.
• Knowledge of U.S. Federal Government structure and the Federal programs involved in regulation and funding of resettlement efforts in the U.S.
• Awareness of federal rules and regulations regarding funding opportunities.
• Strong desire to serve and work for social justice.
• Demonstrated multicultural awareness, sensitivity, and cultural competence.
• Knowledge of the the area and familiarity with stakeholders in the area.
• Knowledge of the institution of the Catholic Church and hierarchy and of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
• Excellent writing skills and organizational abilities.
• Strong management and supervisory skills.
• Range of IT skills for developing and generating reports, collecting and analyzing data and program statistics and outcomes.
• Ability to multitask: to plan, organize, and direct multiple programs and activities simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively both independently and with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Ability to collaborate with Associate Director to strategically plan, develop, and implement short- and long-term organizational goals.
• Ability to foster a cooperative environment and to work collaboratively with other CCDA/MRS staff members.
• Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of program management in the nonprofit sector.
Prefer candidates have prior work experience in non-profit environment/organization or desire to begin a career in non-profit accounting
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, 15 paid holidays in 2023, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program. Closed between Christmas and New Years.*After 1 year, Tuition Reimbursement K-12, Pension Enrollment, Professional Assistance.
To view our benefit offerings:* https://www.arlingtondiocese.org/human-resources/what-we-do/
CLICK LINK AND APPLY AT https://jobs.jobvite.com/catholic-charities/job/oTjZmfwh