Unlicensed Mental Health Clinician
Category: Family Services North, Fairfax VA
We invite you to copy this link into your browser to see what Catholic Charities is about!
- Starting salary for Bilingual Unlicensed Clinician English/Spanish $52,890
- Starting Salary for Unlicensed Clinician $44,291
Therapist needed to provide out-patient counseling to individuals, couples and families in the Office of Family Services, Catholic Charities, Diocese of Arlington. We are a diverse office, counseling individuals of all faiths and backgrounds, including children, adolescents, and adults. We are committed to serving our clients with a Catholic understanding of the person, marriage and family life, as well as each individual's culture, race, religion and gender.
At Catholic Charities Family Services, we seek to enable our clients to overcome emotional and/or behavioral obstacles that prevent them from realizing their full potential. Our staff members bring compassion and varied clinical experience to the services provided to our clients. We offer counseling throughout the Diocese of Arlington via a hybrid model of Telehealth Therapy and In-person Therapy including being based out of various Parishes in the Diocese of Arlington.
Client issues have included (but are not limited to) various mood and anxiety disorders, relationship concerns (including marriage and pre-marital), trauma-related issues, developmental disabilities, as well as matters related to adolescence and parenting.
• Provide individual, couples and family counseling. Coordinate services to individuals and families and maintain collaboration. Demonstrate commitment to improving client outcomes & customer satisfaction.
• Maintains high standards of practice, Adherence to high ethical standards as defined in the CCDA/CCUSA Code of ethics and ethics of relevant professional boards.
• Develop treatment plans and assess progress.
• Work towards licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia through attending supervision and continued professional development.
• Complete and maintain clinical records using electronic record software in a timely manner and according to agency policies and procedures.
• Engage in continuing education activity to pursue licensure and professional development.
• Operate on an increasingly independent level, with a high degree of self-awareness, requesting consultation as the need arises.
• Must be willing to provide clinical services from multiple locations, including teletherapy via a HIPAA approved format.
• Must be willing to maintain and increase relationship with assigned Parishes and their staff
• Contribute knowledge and understanding to the staff in areas of specialization.
• Attend and participate in regular staff meetings, trainings, and consultation teams.
• Participates in community engagement through interaction with other programs and presentations as possible.
• Uphold Catholic social teachings.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Bilingual Spanish a plus
• High levels of organizations skills in regards to note taking and time management
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
• Understanding of, and adherence to, the Ethical Principles of good clinical care and management and the moral and social teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Proficiency in computer skills, especially Microsoft Office
Education and Experience:
• Masters in Counseling, Social Work, or Marriage and Family Therapy
• License eligible (LCSW or LPC in the Commonwealth of Virginia)
• Equivalent of one year full time clinical experience
• Stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, 15 paid holidays in 2023, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Pension, Diocesan Tuition Reimbursement K-12 after 1 year, free parking, Professional development tuition assistance eligible after 1 year. In house weekly individual supervision applicable towards the licensing process in Virginia offered as part of position. Monthly Staff clinical development trainings. Monthly peer consultation small groups. Semi-annual program retreats. Quarterly staff cohesion days. Annual Licensing fees reimbursed. Funding available for partial coverage of cost for Post-license CEU's
To view our benefit offerings:* https://www.arlingtondiocese.org/human-resources/what-we-do/
Catholic Charities is a ministry of the Catholic Diocese of Arlington operating under the auspices of its Bishop. Employees serve as representatives of the agency during their employment and as such are expected to adhere to and follow the moral teachings and religious doctrines of the Catholic Faith. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
APPLY AT (COPY & PASTE) https://jobs.jobvite.com/catholic-charities/job/ost5mfw6