Seton Home Study School is looking for a graphic design and multimedia specialist to work in our multimedia development team, specializing in print design, publishing, and online content.
Graphic design and multimedia specialists in our development team collaboratively develop new course materials and improve existing course materials for our PreK-12 students. Designers work closely with curriculum developers and other staff members to find new ways of designing our textbooks, course manuals, online content, and lesson plans to better serve the needs of our students.
This is a full-time, on-premise position at Seton's offices in Front Royal, Virginia. We cannot accept candidates seeking remote work for this position.
Seton offers a generous compensation package. This is a salaried position with a robust benefits offering.
Please submit a portfolio with samples of your design work along with your resume.
• Design engaging and visually-compelling textbooks, course manuals, and support materials.
• Collaborate with a team of graphic designers and instructional designers to develop a consistent and intuitive design across print and digital curriculum
• Develop layout mockups for new products based on initial document manuscripts, and further develop these mockups into fully-realized products
• Create and maintain online content for digital high school courses.
• Coordinate with curriculum development team to maintain existing curriculum and improve or update layout on an as-needed basis.
• Work with Seton's print production team to create files suitable for in-house production.
• Communicate with third party vendors to create files suitable for publication at off-site printers.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Strong graphic design skills with a robust portfolio of design work
Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Firm grasp of design principles and techniques
• Strong typography skills, with a robust understanding of proper font usage and styles
• Familiarity with web design, HTML, and internet delivery methods and technologies
• Ability to work methodically on multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines
• Enthusiastic team spirit, and ability to work with other onsite designers to produce products with a consistent design
• Strong English skills
• Excellent organizational skills and a keen attention to detail
• Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to new projects.
• Degree in related field a plus
• Familiarity with the Seton Home Study School curriculum
• First-hand experience with Catholic homeschooling
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent training