Position Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Reports To: President, Chief Advancement Officer, and Chief
Compensation Plan: Exempt, Full-Time
Eligible Benefits: All benefits per the HLI Employee Handbook
NOTE: This is a full-time position in our Front Royal Office only. If interested, please submit your application in by Wednesday, May 3rd for consideration.
BFOQ: The position has a bona fide occupational qualification: the candidate must be a Catholic in good standing and possess knowledge of the Catholic Faith - its teaching, beliefs, practices, liturgy, structure, and protocol. The position also requires a complete understanding of Catholic Church teaching on life and family issues, to which HLI faithfully adheres. The candidate must sign HLI's Non-Disclosure Agreement and Statement of Faith.
Position Summary: Responsibilities include providing support and assistance to the Executive Staff in the coordination and management of all clerical and administrative functions in the immediate office.
Additionally, support the various HLI department managers with special and recurring projects. The incumbent of this position serves as the personal and confidential administrative assistant to the Executive Staff and is expected to deal with highly sensitive matters and privileged information with uncompromised confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy. Additionally, the incumbent serves as an HLI Officer as the Corporate Secretary.
Major Duties as Assistant to the President:
1. Coordinates all administrative and clerical support processes necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the office of the President, including but not limited to reception, scheduling, typing, filing, copying, recording, proofing, editing, information archiving and retrieval, mail sorting and distribution, processing donor letters and general correspondence, and related secretarial functions.
2. Maintains the President's mission calendar, schedules, and appointments.
3. Acts as the President's personal liaison with outside organizations, Church officials, community representatives and public officials, government agencies and representatives, members of the media, and the general public.
4. Assists the President and Mission Network Manager with scheduling and executing the Bi-Annual Regional Director's Meeting, including but not limited to, coordinating venue and hospitality, providing on-site support, recording minutes of meetings.
5. Manages the President's Passports, Letters of Suitability, Visas, etc. Alert appropriate banking providers of travel notices for credit card usage.
6. Prepares for the President travel expense estimates, advances, summaries, vouchers, and travel reports as needed.
7. Codes and collects receipts for President's monthly credit cards.
8. Assisting with special projects as needed.
Major Duties as Assistant to CAO AND COO:
9. Assists staff with troubleshooting technology issues with the printers, communicating with HLI's technology providers for support as needed.
10. Assists Executive Staff with processing Weekly Staff Status Reports
11. Assists Finance Department with processing donor mail as needed, reconciling and submitting Executive Staff's credit card statements, approving online banking transfers, identifying, coding, and obtaining authorization signatures for invoices and submitting for payment, and helping with other tasks as needed.
12. Assists Chief Advancement Officer with identifying and preparing for conferences/conventions for HLI exhibiting opportunities, attending conferences/conventions as necessary.
Major Duties as an Officer of the Corporation and for the Board of Directors:
13. Performs the required duties of an Officer of the Corporation as Secretary. These include, but are not limited to, attending the quarterly Board meetings to keep the minutes, typing the minutes of the Board meeting and sub-committee meetings, and preparing and filing of all documents that require the Corporate seal and signature of the Secretary.
14. Prepares the quarterly Board Books, filing the quarterly minutes and Board Books in both electronic and hardcopy.
15. Plans with the Facility Coordinator necessary food and beverages for the Board meetings and meals, prepares conference room for the quarterly Board meeting, and performs other Board responsibilities as requested by the President or Chairman.
Major Inter-Departmental Duties:
16. Makes travel arrangements and coordinates itineraries for the Executive Staff and/or immediate staff.
17. Schedules and organizes meetings, conferences, seminars, special public engagements, and other representational functions participated in by the Executive Staff and/or immediate staff.
18. Supports the overall workflow of the organization by participating in planning events and conference participation, helping with donor stewardship programs, supporting international staff with various administrative activities, scheduling airport pick-ups and drop-offs.
19. Assists Executive Staff and HR Manager with staff-related special reminders (birthdays, holidays, etc.).