St. John Neumann is seeking a Communications Manager to provide leadership for all communications for the parish. This position reports to the Pastor, is 40 hours per week and is responsible for developing a comprehensive communications strategy to deliver the parish's vision and priorities and effectively communicate the ministries, programs and activities of the parish. Hours can vary based on events; weekend and weeknight availability will be required at times.
• Develop and implement the overall communications strategy for St. John Neumann including goals, priorities, calendars, targets, and measurements for success.
• Oversee day-to-day management of the parish's website and social media platforms
• Create and determine content for the parish for the weekly bulletin, the monthly newsletter, and parish-wide emails as necessary
• Develop strategic promotional materials to meet diverse messaging needs that support departments, ministries, and others within the parish
• Oversee the editing of all collaborative materials created by staff or parish contributors for clarity, consistency, voice, and message, as well as AP and CNS style
• Identify key media outlets and develop relationships with organizations and journalists in the area.
• Stay up-to-date with community, diocesan, national, and global church news, sharing as appropriate with the parish community
• Prepare and oversee annual Communications budget
• Oversee and coordinate Live-streaming of Sunday Masses and occasional Funerals and Weddings
Qualifications and Skills:
• Good multitasking and organizational ability
• Ability to analyze information from a variety of sources and synthesize the information into coherent and brief communications documents
• Proactive approach to meeting deadlines and delivering results with limited supervision
• Full proficiency in spoken and written English required, including editing and proofreading
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, conveying messages to different audiences using diverse media, including print and web
• Demonstrated understanding of public relations concepts, practices, and procedures, including media appearances and journalistic writing
• Skilled and confident user in Microsoft Office, Adobe, and a variety of desktop publishing tools
• Knowledge of graphic design and/or video a plus
• Knowledge of event photography and photograph editing
• Proficiency in written Spanish preferred