Case Manager, Ukranian Language
Ministry: Newcomers MRS
Primary Office: Arlington/Woodbridge
Hours per Week: 40
Telework Available: Hybrid 1 day after 90 days of training
Starting Hourly Rate: $24.14 Non-exempt
We invite you to copy this link into your browser to see what Catholic Charities is about!
Preferred Communities Case Manager will provide case management services as outlined in the Preferred Communities Grant and in compliance with policies and procedures of Catholic Charities Migration & Refugee Services .The Preferred Communities (PC) program provides intensive case management to most vulnerable refugees who have been in the United States for less than 5 years.
This will include services for health, housing, education, general acculturation, and youth development. The Case Manager will support the Program Manager to provide these social services to vulnerable refugee populations. This role reports to the Arlington Site Supervisor.
• Ensure all core services mandated through the PC grant are provided within allocated timeframes.
• Complete intake and assessment with clients deemed to be the most vulnerable and require intensive case management services. Maintain well-organized case notes and client file.
• Work with clients to create, develop a service plan and track goals over the course of the program.
• Assist clients in achieving goals through Acculturation training, transportation orientation, connecting to services and working toward self-sufficiency.
• Provide intensive case management to assist clients with housing, education, health support and government benefits as needed.
• Host and attend community integration events. Engage with community partners to learn about resources and advocate for service provisions for PC clients.
• Conduct client home visits to assess their living situation and status.
• Reports to the CCDA MRS Arlington Site Supervisor for supervision and submission of statistics and required data.
• Ensure client's case notes and case files are updated, accurate and complete. Provide periodic activities case status reports.
• Prepares case closure reports in MRIS for submission in timely manner.
• Ensures accurate and up to date Refugee Solution and MRIS reporting.
• Provide support to site supervisor and Program Director when needed
Qualifications & Skills:
• Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally both internally, and to clients and external agencies.
• Bilingual; English and Ukrainian language REQUIRED.
• Able to represent Catholic Charities and MRS at conferences, trainings, and meetings in the community.
• Must be proactive and create a cooperative and positive relationship with clients. Must be able to assist clients to solve difficult problems under pressure.
• Must be able to consistently work towards self-sufficiency with all clients and reflect the mission and the goals of the agency with minimal day-to-day supervision.
• Attend regular supervision meetings, case consultations, and assist with the development of crisis mitigation strategies.
• Be prepared to assist with annual projections and reports by providing timely and accurate data.
• Able to keep informed of the social services policies and practices in all counties and localities where clients are resettling.
• Flexible to work irregular hours.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Office products.
CONFIRM IN A COVER LETTER:
(1) Must possess a valid U.S. Driver's License, have a good U.S. Driving Record, and have at least three years of U.S. Driving Experience. Willing to transport clients in CCDA agency vehicles.
(2) English and Ukrainian language REQUIRED - Please specify in a cover letter.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Social Work, Public Health, or Social Sciences from an accredited institution.
• One to Three Years' experience in accounting/accounts payable/accounts receivable.
• Prefer candidates have prior work experience in non-profit environment/organization or desire to begin a career in non-profit accounting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Potential career path for a Case Manager at Catholic Charities:
Case Manager 1
Case Manager 2
Case Manager, Senior 1
Case Manager, Senior 2
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, 15 paid holidays in 2023, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program. Closed between Christmas and New Years.*After 1 year, Tuition Reimbursement K-12, Pension Enrollment, Professional Assistance.
To view our benefit offerings:*
APPLY AT https://jobs.jobvite.com/catholic-charities/job/odxMmfwC