Saint Benedict Catholic School seeks a Full Time Middle School English Teacher to begin in Fall of 2023. The school is committed to partnering with parents and providing a traditional education in a faith-filled environment. The school is centrally located in Richmond's Museum District, with an enrollment of over 200 students.
The middle school English teacher will be responsible for English instruction in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. The English curriculum includes literature, grammar, and writing. In addition, the English program incorporates a once-a week- seminar class for each middle school grade that focuses on discussion-based learning. The English teacher must be comfortable teaching novels, poetry, short stories, plays and other types of literature. A research paper is also a foundational aspect of the middle school program, and the entire school utilizes the Institute for Excellence in Writing program. An essential quality for this position is a love of literature. The position is full-time and exempt from overtime regulations.
• hold a bachelor's degree or better from an accredited college or university
• have a passion and commitment to Catholic classical education
• be able to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
• be able to manage a classroom and work effectively with students
• upon employment, be able to pass criminal background checks
• hold a Virginia Teacher Certification or have the qualifications necessary to obtain one upon hire
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, references, and a Diocese of Richmond Application for Employment. Address your letter to Mr. Sean Cruess, Principal but submit your materials to the Business Office ([email protected]).
Materials are shared electronically so electronic submission is required.