Accounting Coordinator I
Ministry: Newcomers MRS
Primary Office: Arlington
Hours per Week: 40- exempt
Staff Supervisor: Lourdes Sandoval, Site Supervisor
Hybrid 1 day after 90 days of training
Starting Annual Salary: $51,920
Please copy the below link into your browser to see what Catholic Charities is about.
The MRS Accounting Coordinator I provides accounting and administrative support to the various Migration and Refugee Services programs of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (CCDA). The Accounting Coordinator I works collaboratively with the MRS Analyst, CCDA Finance team and reports directly to the MRS Program Director. This position supports the financial administration of the Accounts Payable, Billing Receivables, Case Management support Migration and Refugee Services (MRS). The position involves handling confidential information which requires discretion, diplomacy, and high level of professionalism.
The position requires serving as a liaison between the Catholic Charities Finance Office, MRS Management team, donors, clients, and community at large. The Accounting Coordinator I is responsible for filing and managing all office documents, reviewing client voucher requests, and preparation of vendor payment vouchers for multiple programs within the ministry.
• Timely prepare daily and weekly agency invoices for payment. Review and sort MRS mail and billings each week
• Timely review and organize MRS client vouchers submitted for payment. Check for accuracy, proper approvals and proper documentation, grant compliance .Prepare vendor payments for MRS Analyst review and submission
• Address questions and provide guidance to team members and Admins in the field offices
• Manage the office utility vendor schedules and related payments
• Prepare and review receipts and transactions for monthly credit card expense workbooks for all agency cardholders
• Monitor and follow up on outstanding checks and monitor void payments
• Maintain the MRS AP policies and procedures and templates and train program staff in accounts payable best practices
• Oversee weekly client acknowledgment signature page collection and filing.
• Respond to Federal and State billing inquiries timely from CCDA Finance office and MRS Analyst
• Adhere to all weekly and monthly accounting deadlines
• Provide audit support during annual audit and periodic grantor monitoring
• Work on MG and R&P In-kind Reports
• Assist with data enter in client database - VNIS, MRIS and Refugee Solutions
• Provide support to site supervisor and Program Director when needed
Qualifications & Skills:
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines, well organized and flexible .Strong interpersonal skills, excellent team player with ability to interact tactfully and effectively with clients and staff in a multi-cultural environment
• Must be a team player and able to work independently. Strong problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment required.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Have a high degree of integrity, reliability, initiative, and adaptability and act in a calm and professional manner
• Strong knowledge and experience with of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Microsoft Teams. Proficiency in adobe software recommended. Ability to create PowerPoint presentations and forms
• Experience with budgets and ability to assist with budget management and manage credit cards, purchase orders and other expenses that impact the budget.
• Willingness to uphold Catholic Moral & Social Teaching in the workplace
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or related field preferred
• One to Three Years' experience in accounting/accounts payable/accounts receivable
• Prefer candidates have prior work experience in non-profit environment/organization or desire to begin a career in non-profit accounting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, 15 paid holidays in 2023, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program. Closed between Christmas and New Years.* Free parking, Shuttle to metro
After 1 year: Tuition Reimbursement K-12, Pension Enrollment, Professional Assistance.
To view our benefit offerings:*
JOB LINK TO APPLY: https://jobs.jobvite.com/catholic-charities/job/oYJJmfww
Arlington, VA 22203