Compensation: Hourly, commensurate with experience
Trinity House Community is currently accepting applications for the position of Development Associate. The Development Associate will work closely with the Co-Directors to support overall fundraising activities, events, and stewardship efforts. These responsibilities include the annual year-end appeal, grant applications, and the education of donors about the mission, vision, and activities of Trinity House Community. The Development Associate will also plan, coordinate, and execute fundraising, development events, and special appeals throughout the year.
• Identify, cultivate and solicit current and potential donors and sponsors for the fundraising events, appeals, and special campaigns. This includes initiating appointment requests through phone calls and contact letters, scheduling appointments and making the ask.
• Identify, cultivate and secure legacy giving donors through wills, life insurance, trusts and retirement plan designations for Trinity House Community's endowment.
• Prepare individual communication, cultivation and solicitation plans for each major gift donor/prospect to include gratitude phone calls, personal notes, invitations to special events, timing and approach of next ask.
• Oversee database maintenance and timely acknowledgement of gifts or donations through thank-you letters and yearly contribution reports.
• Research and write grant proposals that support segments of Trinity House Community's long-range plan. Assist the Co-Directors and other appropriate personnel in cultivating relationships with foundations.
• Directs Trinity House Community's Development Plan and monitors progress meeting goals against periodic benchmarks. Associate accomplishes this by establishing short (annual) and long (3-5 year) range goals and objectives for the development efforts, based on Trinity House Community's long-range plan. Associate facilitates the development and publication of an articulated, written case statement about Trinity House Community which tells the story of the ministry and includes the ministry's mission, values, and community contributions.
• Develop budget, goals and benchmarks for fundraising events, donor receptions, mid-year campaign, year-end appeal, and other campaigns.
• Plan fundraising events and work collaboratively with staff and volunteers to achieve benchmarks for the annual dinner, mid-year appeal, and year-end appeal.
• Facilitate volunteer involvement in organizing committees to handle events, as needed, and to help solicit donations.
• Supervise the creation of marketing materials to keep donors informed of needs, development programs and activities, and opportunities to give. This will include Trinity House Community's annual report and all annual appeal and other solicitations.
• Maintain a level of knowledge and skills required by professional reading, attendance at workshops or conventions, and participation in professional organizations.
• Prepare the annual development income and expense budget in collaboration with the Co-Directors.
• Oversee the continuing updating of our donor database.
• Prepare quarterly reports.
• Maintain a strict level of confidentiality on all matters relating to Trinity House Community development.
• Perform other work-related duties as requested.
• Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in business administration or nonprofit management.
• Several years of fundraising experience
• Bachelor's degree required
• Strong interpersonal skills, time management, and attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and donor management platforms
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Experience working with confidential information
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Soren Johnson, Co-Director, Trinity House Community, at [email protected]
Leesburg, VA 20176